How do I dispute a marketplace purchase not received?

Sly Whitefalcon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi I bought what I believed to be a radio stream to use on my land but instead I received a box with a notecard without any of the stream login details as one would expect. I've contacted the resident through IM even though he was offline however I'm not hopeful and I feel like a true dope for trying something new. What do you advise?

3 answers to this question

You've done the right thing so far. >>> Assume that the merchant made an honest mistake, and ask for a fresh copy. Now be patient. This is a long holiday weekend and many people are off visiting family, not spending time in SL. Even at non-holiday times, merchants have RL responsibilities like you and me, get sick, and have family crises to deal with. If you still haven't heard by Monday, send another polite request.

BTW, remember that incoming IMs are capped, so a busy merchant may never see your message if his queue is already full. It's often smarter to send a notecard instead of an IM.

• Like 1

A stream? It sounds like you did get it. They are normally just a notecard with login details put inside a box.

These are for DJs to use in clubs. The notecard outlines a login that can be entered into software on your computer and then music you play is heard on your land.

If you didn't want to DJ yourself, then Internet radios can be obtained in the marketplace or you can use a list of URLS like this slightly outdated one at http://www.outworldz.com/secondlife/posts/streaming/

Just pick one, enter it into the Music URL on the Sound Tab (with firestorm, not sure of the SL viewer) and it should play.

• Like 1

@ Callum

She writes the notecard did NOT have any stream details or any login. 

So, yes, send a notecard. While you wait for an answer, you could check marketplace reviews, look up the resident in in-world search. Most of the time you will recognize an honest merchant quick enough. A dishonest one is a bit harder to catch but there are some clue's most of the time. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.