window resize graphic glitch

Remington Aries

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

system Mac. osx 10.6.8 ATI radeon card

Ok the latest update has this problem, but the previous one did not. And the 2 prior to that did.

When you resize the window to larger. the space opened up fills with corrupt graphics and is dead, nothing is click-able in it.

If you resize smaller, no glitches, but the click ppsitions for all windows and buttons remain in previous positions.

I wouldn't complain but you are forcing updates on people so this is frustratiing.

I wouldn't complain but you are forcing updates on people so this is frustratiing.

We? We are just users like you. We didn't do anything. As was repeatedly clarified in various threads and should be clear for everybody, the Lindens don't read or participate in these forums.

Back to your problem: it sounds like your Radeon has some difficulty dealing with SL. And MacOS, as everbody knows, isn't the right software for SL in the first place. Same as ATI GPUs aren't the best choice for OpenGL.

We don't even know what kind of Mac you're running and how old your system is. Please post your system info so we can help you better (login screen - Help - About [your viewer]). Then just copy/paste the text to the forum. The result should look somehow like this:

Singularity Viewer 1.8.3 (4998) Sep 18 2013 09:20:21 (Singularity)
Release Notes

Grid: Second Life

Built with GCC version 40405

CPU: Intel® Core i5 CPU         650  @ 3.20GHz (3193 MHz)
Memory: 7917 MB
OS Version: Linux 3.8.0-19-generic #29-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 17 18:16:28 UTC 2013 x86_64
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 260/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 313.30

Viewer SSE Version: SSE2
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/1.0.0g zlib/1.2.6 c-ares/1.7.5 libidn/1.25
J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.5.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.18
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)

The entire screen getting texture glitches when window size is changed is a known bug since the Cocoa changes on Mac 10.6.8.

Its listed as a known issue in the release notes: MAINT-3135[c] Cocoa Viewer: Mac: Maximizing the viewer leaves garbage on the screen (10.6 only).

As far as I know, a fix is pending.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.