viewer sl oficial block after a few minutes

Hassel85

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone! I have been having some problems last few days with my viewer. I log on to sl and after about 10 minutes my computer is blocked, i can't move the mouse, the music of the sim stop playing, all in the screen is stopped. and i have to reset my computer. i don't know what it's happening. can anyone help me?  thank you very much!

You are going to need to give us a bunch more information. First, whenever asking a question about tech, paste the information from the viewer's HELP->About...

You may be able to find the problem in the viewer's log file. For the Linden viewer you'll find it located in:

C:\Users\[Win_login_ID]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs\

There are other files in the folder that may help you figure out what is wrong.

• crashreport.log – This log is generated when the viewer crashes, the previous version of the file is overwritten. Rename this file if you plan to restart the viewer before examining the file. Otherwise, just read it with a text viewer (Notepad is good).
  • debug_info.log – This file is internally formatted as an XML file. I never find it of much use. It is mostly the specs of your machine.
  • SecondLife.log – This is the main log file. I find it the most useful. Start from the end of the file and work toward the beginning. Search for ‘WARNING’ and ‘ERROR’. With any luck the messages there will give you an idea of the problem. Recent changes have added section heading to parts of the file that can identify the general nature of the problem. There are lots of performance stats included. At the end of a non-crash log there are secession stats;  Run Time, Average Packet Size, Dropped Packets, Resent Packets, etc. The file is replaced and recreated for each viewer secession.
  • SecondLife.error_marker – I don’t know what information is inside. I don’t have a copy to examine as I write this. The presence of the file indicates where, when, and what error happened. I think this is a disaster backup file for crash reporting in which information about the crash is retained in the event the crash handlers are destroyed before they can create the other more complete crash files.
  • SecondLife.start_marker – There is no information inside. The presence of the file indicates how far into the start process the viewer has gotten. Whether the file exists or not is the pertinent information.
  • SecondLifeCrashReport.log – This is another file internally formatted to XML. It is created when the viewer crashes. I think this is the new version of the crash log. It is mostly text.
  • stats.log – This is a short file containing network statistics. Similar information is in other log files. It is an easy to read set of stats that show how many packets were dropped and resent in a secession.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.