viewer environment settings

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I set my environment settings to custom. yet every single time I log in I have to set it AGAIN. is there someplace in preferences I didnt think of where I can set it and leave it so its not something I have to do every single time I log in?

Tenly wrote:

I set my environment settings to custom. yet every single time I log in I have to set it AGAIN. is there someplace in preferences Ididnt think of where I can set it and leave it so its not something I have to do every single time I log in?

Unfortunately you are stuck with this.

There is(was) a JIRA about it and somehow under the guise of the 'shared experience' mantra LL said, "Tough."

Tenly wrote:

I set my environment settings to custom. yet every single time I log in I have to set it AGAIN. is there someplace in preferences I didnt think of where I can set it and leave it so its not something I have to do every single time I log in?

You need to use a debug setting to make the settings stick now - pull up the debug settings window from the Advanced menu and set "EnvironmentPersistAcrossLogin" to TRUE.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

Tenly wrote:

You need to use a debug setting to make the settings stick now - pull up the debug settings window from the Advanced menu and set "EnvironmentPersistAcrossLogin" to TRUE.

Oooooooops.  I stand corrected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how to make the settings stick in firestorm? Worked nicely in SL viewer but when I tried to follow the same steps in the firestorm viewer instead of opening a debug window where I could type the item needed all I got was a long list of IDK what? so methinks the terminology is different?

Original question was how to make SL viewer keep my environmental settings because SL defaults to blowing your stuff away instead of keeping it. I seem to be having similar issue with firestorm now. not sure why.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.