viewer crashers

wherorangi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

this is just a bit of a moan really (:

in recent days, viewer crashing on the Linden Realms. Sleepy Hollow over the back in particular. Basically they are crashing anyone who comes on the sim, so they can collect the orange crystals themselves

blocking and dropping all viewer graphics and jelly to low, isnt making any difference. As soon as they in draw distance then insta-crash

seems they are wearing multiple large mesh somethings that runs us out of memory and kaboom!. Their own home-brew viewers are preventing this from happening to them

dont even get a chance to AR them. No time at all before crasho. And is nothing visible to snapshot even if did have time to AR

+

am hoping that maybe one day when you guys (LL) have time then when we do block, we block their stuff from loading into memory, not just not render it

tnks (:

+

ps. I notice yesterday Sleepy Hollow on some realms got the crystals turned off. So maybe you guys noticed the viewer crashes spiking there. If so then is all good that you guys are aware of it

It's unfortunate that JellyDolls don't protect you against memory bloat attachments in the same way they protect against worn graphics crashers.  The memory bloat crashers have now become the crasher of choice because of this.

What viewer are you using?  If you use a 64bit viewer, you'll probably be okay but a 32bit viewer will crash instantly.  Those memory bloat objects eat over 3 gig of memory within seconds.

i always use the latest standard release LL viewer. Crash reports on

is my guinea pig contrib to SL (:

+

eta. ps

i take your point Whirly about ameliorating it a bit with a 64-bit viewer

multiple attachments tho. Just keep adding them until get the result 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.