very bad thing in this game

GeneralWolf2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

first , hello guys

my name is jhon , and i love this game < and i was will buy cash for this game to get more things , but there is something make me dont play this game

Areas take a long time to fully load. and thats make me Feeling bored. so i deleted game.

I hope you fix this problem

thanks

1. This is not a game.

2. This Forum is only visited by other users, Linden Lab doesn't answer here.

3. It would help if you could provide some more informations about your computer and your internetconection. I'm pretty sure its not a problem of the program itself.

how ever,  i want fix this problem.

if the game is full download , (no download need when you go area) the game will be awsome.

and how can i send to "Second Life"?

can they make the game full download !! can they make you download and no need to load when you go area?

Jhon, as a couple of others have already pointed out, Linden Labs does not read these forums. However, there are many very helpful individuals who might be able to help you adjust your settings in SL if you can be more specific about the issues you are having. It coudl be your Graphics settings are too high, or your draw distance.

Jhon, it helps to know the specs of your computer, are you on a PC or a Mac? What is your processor speed, how much Ram do you have, how old is your graphics card, etc.

Second Life does not always load very quickly for everyone when they first log in, it often takes tweaking some settings to get to operate smoothly.

Read through the SecondLife Wiki, it's full of resources:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Main_Page

Most users rarely have a long delay when the go to a new place.  Problems such as you are describing usually come from low bandwidth or other internet problems.
Here are some general suggestions:
Reduce your draw distance
Reduce the graphics quality
Use a simple avatar
TKR

Again its NOT a game. Everything here is user created. Its a world and because people always change something you always will need to load the place you are going to. The software you are using is called a viewer. Yes and thats all what it is. It connects you to the server from Linden Lab and make the world visible and your avatar controllable.

To help you and give you advise, we will need to know more about your system and your internetconection. (Even if you could contact LindenLab about that issue, they would need those informations too).

Hello, GeneralWolf2, welcome to Second Life Forums.

It really would be helpful if you would add your computer's specifications in your post.  There are many reasons why Second Life would be slow to load for you.

What type of graphics card do you have?

Are you using a hard wired internet connection (avoid using wireless wherever possible)

Most of us are not having the problems that you are describing - therefore LL do not need to fix this problem.  You may need to upgrade something on your computer, or to change a setting.

Please let us know your computer specifications and we can offer our best advice to you.

GeneralWolf2 wrote:

first , hello guys

my name is jhon , and i love this game < and i was will buy cash for this game to get more things , but there is something make me dont play this game

Areas take a long time to fully load. and thats make me
Feeling
bored. so i deleted game.

I hope you fix this problem

thanks

You did the right thing deleting the program.  If you are looking for a game SL isn't for you.  If you are looking for a pre-installed program SL isn't for you.  If your internet is too weak to download data pretty quickly SL isn't for you.  If you don't bother finding out any of these things before you install a program SL isn't for you.

Perhaps you'd like The Sims?  That's a very simple, completely-installed game.   Of course it doesn't have approaching 2 billion square-meters of land, trillions of items, almost complete freedom to create more and 50,000-odd people online at the same time.  SL does.

Hello again, GeneralWolf2,

Thank you for posting your computer's specifications.  You do not say what your graphics card is, but I think your computer is quite an old one, and the graphics card is old too.

1.99GB is not a lot of RAM to have, although I do run Second Life with less than that.  It does also depend on what else you have installed on your computer that will be taking up your hard drive space.

I have had to upgrade my graphics card, because I was having similar issues to yours when I first started with Second Life.

Take a look at the system requirements page on this link - it will give you some idea of the type of graphics card you need to run Second Life better...

https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/index.php

As to providing you with a link to The Sims - you need to do a search on Google.  It would be incorrect of me to divert you from Second Life on a Second Life Forum to a non-related website.

GeneralWolf2 wrote:

i use PC

and this is my computer system

Hi. It really would be helpful if you gave more info about your system.

Here is how to do it: After you have downloaded the viewer, start it and from menu select "Help, About Second Life". From the window which pops up copy and paste the info here. Like this (below is my system info):

Second Life 3.3.2 (255742) May  4 2012 14:56:29 (Second Life Beta Viewer)

CPU: Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3411.17 MHz)

Memory: 8169 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.8562

OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

In addition to the above, tell also what is your internet connection speed. Thank you.

PS.

With the above system, what I have, Second Life is a joy to use. :matte-motes-big-grin:

My internert connection max speed is: 10 Mbps download, 10 Mbps upload.

Usually the speed to Second Life servers is around 6 Mbps download, 5 Mbps upload, ping 170 ms.

You can check your actual connection speed for example here: http://www.speedtest.net/

I too am running a e7400 processor with 4gb ram (3.25 usable) and a 550ti video card on a p5e-vm-do mobo.

I am not expereicing these problems,  so either his connection is derp or his video card is, I ran SL on this same machine with 2gb ram for several years until recently.

mew mew ma mew , maaaaeeeeeeeooooooow :matte-motes-asleep:

FYI: The other day, my viewer chowed almost 2gigs of memory before i had to log out.  I would say your machine will only be a frustrating experience in SL, as the new viewers are memory hoggers, cpu hoggers, and graphics hoggers, in essence, ooooooiiinnkkkkk hahaha.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.