"We're Having Trouble Connecting" :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

I have a laptop that's running Windows 7 64x. It's Vaio SVE15114FXS, if that's of any importance. For the past couple days I haven't been able to login. I hadn't tried for about a week, and am not sure if updates were the issue. It gets stuck at 'Requesting region capabilities'. My normal browser is Firestorm and I did a full clean install, but the same problem persists with the newest version of SL's official browser too. 

Like I said, I've done clean install on Firestorm but not SL Browser. I am posting this with my wireless connection. I have no problems connecting with Chrome and other gaming programs (like Origin), so I know my computer is recieving some information. I uninstalled all of my firewalls, except Malware Bytes because it glitched in a way that made it exquisitely difficult to remove. Or just a hassle. Tried logging in at different times, grid status looks fine. Tried logging into different regions. I tried using the Google Public DNS. Tracert command to 'secondlife.com' revealed the first 9 to have good speed and 12 ms is the slowest speed. It more than quadruples in the last six, hitting 96ms and 79ms for the last to to Linden Labs. 

I am not sure what to do next. It has been working fine for months. 

Thanks for you time and consideration. I can't get on SL at all so I'd appreciate what help and insight I can get! 

Did you try logging into a different spot that "home" or "last location"? Oftentimes you get this message when for whatever reason it is the SIM at issue. The sim CAN be up and still not available for logins. I am not a tech person, just know this has happened hundreds of time in my years in SL.

If you need the ability to change the login options you can actually go into PREFERENCES in FS without logging in (small text up top on the left). From there you can go to the general tab and put a check in the box in the startup area. That let's you CHOOSE your location to log in.    Try SMITH.

I hate to say it back up some files you might lose that are important in a flash drive and format your laptop to factory condition. This has happened to me or something similar something must be corrupt or maybe one of your settings on your computer has been changed that's preventing it to load. Another theory uninstall and reinstall your Second Life viewer but most likely something could be corrupt worst case scenario again reformat to factory condition. Sorry if this doesn't help man I'm not a complete computer tech yet but I'm getting that route. 

BTW Sorry you might experience typos in my posts I swear to god it's like someone is purposely editing my posts I proof read everything too before I post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.