my v2.8 viewer performance is in the toilet this morning....

robin Meridoc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

... is anyone else seeing this too?  Actually its not just viewer 2.8, its also firestorm and phoenix all are in the toilet.

My usuall Frames Per Second is about 30 at home on the high setting.  And its dropped to 3 with v2.8, 6 with firestorm and 2 with phoenix.  I haven't made any changes to my system.  I just logged in this morning and found the performance very poor.

I also tried another sim, thinking it might be my server - it was the same there too.

robin

PS: this morning means 8/5/11 at about 930 sl time.

The latest version of the SL viewer 2.8.1 is crashing every few minutes for me.  I don't have any connection problems or issues with my hardware.  Re-booting the system doesn't help.  Clearing the cache doesn't help.  The problem is SL, either their viewer, their servers or both. 

Nany Kayo wrote:

The latest version of the SL viewer 2.8.1 is crashing every few minutes for me.  I don't have any connection problems or issues with my hardware.  Re-booting the system doesn't help.  Clearing the cache doesn't help.  The problem is SL, either their viewer, their servers or both. 

A hotfix for 2.8.1 was released to prevent crashing problems on Macs - hopefully that has helped.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.