issues with latest update of SL Viewer .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A couple od days ago the SL viewer did an update . and ever since then  i can not teleport anywhere without crashing out , and it fails , when i log back in im on the same sim i started from ,  voice is intermintantly available and one of the groups i have that i created in 2009 , i can not chat in andd it doesnt evven come up at all when others chat in it .  yet other groups work ok that i know of .

i realise there is multiple issue going on , but they all happened after the last update.

But all this works in other viewers no problem. 

My wife . who had the same update and is on the same connection of course , has the same teleport issues , but her group chat works fine . and so does her voice .

here is the info i copied from the viewer

Second Life 3.8.7 (306796) Oct 27 2015 16:01:25 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E6600  @ 3.06GHz (3067.52 MHz)
Memory: 2048 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit  (Build 9200) compatibility mode. real ver: 10.0 (Build 10011)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5450

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1404
OpenGL Version: 4.2.13399 Compatibility Profile Context 15.201.1151.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.42.1 OpenSSL/1.0.1h zlib/1.2.8
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.31
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1800

i would gladly log a support ticket but none of the topics fit in with theese issues , is anyone else having the same issues of recent week ?

3.8.7.306796 is a release candidate with some bugs that can cause the problems you describe. they have been reported multiple times in JIRA, so this release will probably not be incorporated into the main viewer just yet.

the main release channel is on 3.8.6.305891, you can get that version, which still uses the old networking code, from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

yes, some users are selected to be placed on these candidate viewers, then LL can see if things are OK before rolling to everybody. it is pretty much the same thing as the BlueSteel etc. channels on the server side.

it's still OK to go back to the main channel if one of these viewesr goes sour, like it did for you this time.

I experience everything you say and more and this is among the worst viewer patches I've seen in 11 years.

Each teleport ends in a crash.

Every cross of a sim seam ends in the avatar first overshooting the seam, cruising over the sim, then crashing.

Many ordinary actions end in crashes -- looking at an object menu, rezzing out a prim.

Ten minutes -- and a crash, even with idling.

Voice, forget.

I tried unchecking the "http textures" in the developer menu as previous iterations also had crashes when that option is checked. Hasn't made a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about that ... most of our Release Candidate viewers prove to be ready to go when we put them out in a test group, but once in a while one needs a serious problem solved. You were unfortunate enough to be caught in one of those. If it's any comfort, your experience prevented others from having the same problem.

We've fixed that bug, and are putting the update through QA now - it should appear in a few days for another test (your odds of being picked for that test are not very good).

The good news is that while the problem you experienced was serious enough that we withdrew that viewer until we could fix it, our overall results with it were excellent - it had the best crash rate we've seen in years, so with this fix made we're very optimistic about it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.