how to keep SL viewer as default on mac

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ARRGGGGHHHH. Everytime I install the firestorm viewer it somehow sets itself up as the default viewer and thereafter whenever I click an surl it auto opens firestorm even when I am already using the SL viewer. Unlike my other software I cant seem to find a way to make sl viewer my default viewer for chrome or firefox browser.

I can't speak to firefox, but for some reason Chrome will always set the most recently installed viewer as the default.

So, since you want the SL Viewer to be your default, I would uninstall and then download the release SL viewer again.

Good luck!

Edit:   Typonese translation

In Firefox you go to settings then applications. In the list you select secondlife then you select the viewer or find the viewers executable if it's not in list.

I don't use Chrome.

Edit: Oh I overlooked "mac" - usually I shut up about things I don't know :)  but Firestorm works that way in Windows and Linux, can't be much different on a mac.

• 2 weeks later...

I considered that Chrome was causing the problem. but even with SL viewer trashed and re-installed it still keeps opening the inworldz viewer even though it was not last installed, last used or first. Prior to it deciding to make inworldz the default it was making Firestorm the default and I had to trash that viewer as well. I reinstalled Firestorm and its not popping up as the default anymore. but still having the problem with the inworldz one. The only way I can get SL viewer to load instead is to trash inworldz viewer. IDK what it is about chrome that is doing it. but the problem defo originates with chrome deciding what is the default and what is not. and I have not been able to find a way to override it. back in the day you could click on an application and set it as the default. but I dont see that feature available anymore when I select more info on the app.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.