dumped attachements by accident

Alastor Jigsaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I didn't even know there was an option to dump attachments, so I'm not quite sure how you've managed to do so.

However, if you are finding you've got general issues with wearing anything now, I'd advise you to carry out a character test, which will take your avatar back to a basic model and then wear your usual favourite shape, skin, clothing, HUDs, etc.

Any attachments that you have detached should be in your inventory. Dumped would suggest they have gone into either your trash or lost and found folders.

I see what you mean. And yes, if they had dropped an attachment it would be somewhere on the ground and visible by using the highlight "ctrl" "alt" "t" and some alt view skills.

But I think the OP has got something else going on, if they're unable to wear anything now.  It sounds like their cache needs clearing out.  

dump1.jpg

OK, I am puzzled why this person is in the develop menu and even more puzzled that i can find no explanation of what this function does in the Wiki.

Nor am I feeling bold enough to try it out right now to see what happens.

But I am wondering if he 'checked' this like you would some of the functions in this menu, if he doesn't need to 'uncheck' it.  Just speculating here.  However, for the life of me I can't imagine that this means the same as "drop" an attachment.

Usually those 'Dump something' menus print some info or stuff as text or  XML files, but never heard of the dump attachments... i checked the souce code http://doc.daleglass.net/llviewermenu_8cpp-source.html#l06311 and it prints the info about attachments on debug console. (Develop / Consoles / Debug  and then Dump Attachments too see)

Alastor Jigsaw wrote:

Is not working people, when ever i try to wear an item from my inventory the Wear option is blocked

update: went to furball, now is working

Furball is the magic sim :matte-motes-wink:

Is everything ok now, Alastor?  Did you carry out the clear cache, character test routine and find your inventory loaded ok and usable again?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.