Shania Adder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok... so I updated to the latest firestorm and I've run into a strange bug. somehow, there are some avatars i don't see. no idea why. I know the viewer supposed to use the jelly dolls things, but this doesn't look like what is described. I don't even see the nametag, I just know the avatars that I don't see are there due to the radar.

Anyone  have an idea what it could be?

Firestorm sometimes does not show impostors or jellybabes (if you have configured that by debug settings) but shows exactly what you describe - nothing but a dot on the mini map.

Thats my observation and I consider that as bug. Since I render many avatars it happens rarely. But the jellybabes are not useable at the present state.

It sounds like you are seeing something similar to this bug: http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-14439

The original bug, where avatars sitting down would sometimes render at 0,0,0 on the region is fixed, but the fix appears to have caused a shift in symptoms - see the later comments on that bug report.

I've never seen this new bug myself but there have been other complaints about it as you can see.

Firestorm doesn't have the JellyDoll feature yet, it will be in the next release.

There are problems with JellyDoll avatars rendering as invisible though, it happens pretty frequently.

There's a bug report for that on the LL JIRA here: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-10330

Ignore the title of that issue, it's not accurate.  The bug affects jelly avatars not sitting down too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.