Yellow mesh objects

Fennet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wasn't sure where, exactly, to post this question, but technology seemed like the best bet.

I'm using the latest SL viewer, and a few, (very few), mesh objects don't seem to render correctly and sometimes have a yellow tint. Some show a loss of detail and are flat white, most are fine except for the yellow stain. One is too bright; the existing texture doesn't show, and adding a tint with any yellow in it makes the item bright yellow. To add to the confusion, sometimes the applied texture shows, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes the object looks exactly like it should for a second or two.

(I couldn't get this one to show bright yellow today, but you can get the general idea from the following pictures.It's the same whether attached or dragged out onto the ground.)

Environmental settings were suggested: I've tried fiddling around with my environmental settings, but cannot for the life of me find and open the old window with the sliders where you could fine-adjust every detail like clouds and reflections. (I was gone for a few years). Besides, I don't think it has anything to do with atmospheric shading. I tried adding basic shaders with no change.

I'm on an older PC, Nividia Gfrorce 7 series card and have only 1 gig ram. Maybe it's my computer. But this yellow stain is only a problem on a few objects, mostly eyes and avatar attachments; the rest are fine.

I'm a bit reluctant to buy high-end objects, though, and am building a few things myself. I'd hate to give someone something and not have it display correctly.

Any ideas? (Other than replace my computer.)

Hmm, I do see some similar effects if I turn off Basic shaders. With the sun set to sunset, I see also some yellowish tint on some surfaces. Some stuff gets really bright when zooming out and the objects switching to lower LODs.

What happens if you enable Atmospheric shaders as well?

For a minute there I thought you were on to something; it showed up better, not perfect, but close in at least it wasn't solid white. Then, not matter how much I fiddled with the shaders, the level of detail, draw distance, avatar complexity, etc., the obkect still show up solid white. I think I'll contact the creator and see what they suggest. It wasn't expensive, but still.....

So no demo, no buyee. When am I going to learn that lesson?

It's annoying because it's so perplexing. If it was All objects, I'd hate it, but I'd understand, maybe. But it isn't. It's just a few, and always mesh.

Nope. But the texture the creator used looks very white.

I discovered that I can't tint mesh objects like I can ordinary ones. I did try to tint the necklace, but it looks bad either way, the way it came or tinted. It's tinted in the pictures. The original necklace is flat white. It's supposed to have some light grey patterns, and look 3-dimensional. I was able to apply my own texture, and that worked OK. It may be the only solution.

I don't know what I can do about the yellow mesh eyes and other items.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.