Wish List

YT Upsilon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not a progammer, I'm a dabbler (a dangerous thing to be).  But every so often I "wish" I could add some functionality to SL.  I couldn't find a suggestions thread, so I started this as a place where I could add those "wishes".  I'm a relative newbie, and I realise it might be possible to get my wish with the current tech, and it's just that I don't know how. Please let me know if that's the case.

Today I came up with two wishes.

I ended up wishing I could set my status to "Busy" but still IM in group chat.  I'm doing more and more in SL, and I run a group for English learners.  The problem is not all my contacts are in that group, and so I get IMs all the time, which can be distracting when you are discussin the finer points of bike vocabulary.  But, if I set myself to "busy" I can't use IM.  Now it would be nice, if it switched of general IM, but kept group IM working.  

The other thing I ended up wishing for was the ability to organise my contacts - Friends List - into different folders, in the same way I do my inventory.  I now know (thanks to Gwen) that you can organise calling cards (didn't even know about them) but I would like to do the same in the Friends list, so I know who are native speakers, who are teachers, who did I meet at that in-world conference etc.

I wish LL would figure out how important search is. It's worse now, after "improvements," than it has ever been. I could once review all the events occurring across 2 days in seconds. Now with the useless graphics taking up so much space and thus only a few events listed per page, it takes several minutes--if I ever get past the first dozen listings, which recently has been never. In all its finite wisdom, LL doesn't understand that many of us "browse" the listings and do not search them. Given that, the ability to effectively browse via what we're provided as a search engine has all but been eliminated.

On the other hand, search is now so useless (for me) that I spend a good deal less time in SL and instead doing more substantive things in RL. Normally, I'd have logged in by now to "browse" through the events listings to see what I might want to do in SL today. I have not once done that with the "new and improved" search. And admittedly, I should be thankful to LL. It's saving me from wasting away time getting nothing done and saving me a fair amount of money I once spent inworld. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.