Why is there no hard stop for land impact on the land menu?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It used to be that a land parcel had a prim limit and you could not go over it in any way (unless the land was grouped, in which case  you borrowed from other empty parcels in the group). So if you had a 4096, and it had a 937 prim limit, you could not put out the 938th prim, you would get a "bounce" sound inworld if you tried this and a mention.

Not so with land impact. Parcels that have a mixture of old prims and new mesh have land impact that can go way over the limit. And show "prims" still remaining on the server to use.

On a sim where I own land, there are 4 groups; several parcels are over their land impact limit, and beyond borrowing from another parcel in that group, yet over -- and possibly to create problems (in the Linden water for boats).

I've had this complicated issue more than a year ago and had to destroy a build. Now I see it coming back. Why doesn't the land menu have a hard stop for land impact?

Note: I don't need an explanation for the difference between prim count and land impact -- I know about it and already read extensively on it. I also don't need tips on how to reduce land impact by removing a torus or linking objects -- I've read about that, too.

What I want to know is WHY the Lindens cannot create a hard stop on the land menu for land impact.

If this sounds crazy to you and maybe a server glitch, IM me in world and I will show you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.