Why I am always a cloud with Viewer 2 and Firestorm???

Sonja Smedley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have usually Phoenix and I love Phoenix, but I heard that it will not be supported in a few weeks anymore, so I also installed Firestorm and Viewer 2!

But Viewer 2 does not work good, from beginning I´m a cloud.

Firestorm worked for a while but since a few days I´m also a cloud there, no matter what I try.:-(((

That´s no fun anymore...now I saw there is an update viewer for Phoenix available since a few weeks.

Is it a good idea to update although soon there will be no phoenix anymore?

It's more than likely a problem getting your assets to load into your cache.  I would suggest un-installing everything except the viewer you are using, reload the cache and then only use that one viewer.

The more I switch viewers, the more times this problem happens.  I too had several running as I would try to see my creations with each viewer to make sure they work correctly as I sell lighting and the lighting in the viewers varies between each one.

And as odd as this may sound, you may want to reset your router and modem as well. Often this will create a new path to the SL servers which can prevent some bottleneck's that may prohibit your assets from loading entirely.

Problems with the Cache and the Inventory servers are likely. Since those ingenious people on the Dev Team made sure that the Firestorm cache and settings didn't use the same folders so you'll need to clear more than one cache.

The new Phoenix version is worth using. It has quite a few bugfixes, implements Parcel Privacy, and handles Prims up to 64m automatically. Phoenix is not going to suddenly drop dead, but some aspects, such as search, depend on LL servers that are eventually going to get switched off.

The Phoenix website has a clear explanation of all this.

I have found that when I appear as a cloud in both viewer, especially after clearing their caches, that maybe the problem has to do with some asset that I am wearing not being able to download properly.

To solve the problem I will put on one of the Linden Noobie avatars found in the Library folder.     Once doing that I almost always can rez properly.     Then I go to my  outfits and Wear the  outfit I had on before.   Usually the problem will clear up.    If not, then I put the noobie avatar back on then reappy individual items of the original outfit one by one starting with shape, skin, eyes, then moving on the the things I am wearing.      It there is a problem with an individual asset this will help you locate and eliminate it.

Yep.  Resetting my router helped.  Tried different clothes.  THEN I logged in with another viewer and saw that for some reason, my current shape was not in my INV.  I just resaved it and - Yay! 

I am not a big fan of viewer 2, but Firestorm is starting to look acceptable with the tweaks I learned in the "Make Firestorm look more like Pheonix" video: http://www.youtube.com/user/phoenixviewersl

I hope other 3rd party viewers go this way when they adobt V2/3 codebase.

I hope this helps someone else.

Aoife

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4075 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.