Unable to join or leave groups

CadenzaInVivace

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's been like almost half a year and there's still no sign of a fix yet, wtf? Simply put randomly you're unable to join and/or leave groups. Attempting to join will pop the "you've successfully joined XXX group", but server-side you didn't, so you can literally press "join" 1000 times and nothing will happen. Leaving the group will either do absolutely nothing, or say "unable to leave group, ejectee not in group".

Before the problem was fixed if you relog. Now? Relog does nothing. Somehow I ended up in 43/42 groups with -1 remaining, unable to leave any group. If I tried I could literally join 100 groups with -58 slots remaining because the server even manages to f*ck up the group count.

Gotta love how the JIRA's status is "need more info". What more "info" is needed? "Unable to join or leave groups" is too hard for LL to understand?

(btw clearing group cache does nothing)

1. Clicking join group, says "group joined", but nothing happens

2. Clicking leave group, says group left, but nothing happens

3. Relog

4. Clicking join group, says "group joined", but nothing happens

5. Clicking leave group, says group left, but nothing happens

6. Relog

7. Clicking leave group, says ejectee not in group

8. Group is displayed as joined but cannot view notices, attempting to leave gives "ejectee not in group". Cannot rejoin group because there's no "join" button since I've "already joined it"

Are LL servers having some kind of meltdown?? This is the type of **bleep** you'd expect from a server managed by a 2-person indie video game team who tried to bite more they can chew with a MMO.

CadenzaInVivace wrote:

Gotta love how the JIRA's status is "need more info". What more "info" is needed? "Unable to join or leave groups" is too hard for LL to understand?

The JIRA is set at "Needs more info" so anyone can comment on it. That JIRA issue is actually a duplicate of an internal JIRA issue but if it was closed as a duplicate or accepted or set to "Info provided" then comments would be locked for everyone apart from the filer & Lindens.

• 5 years later...

I am having the same problem with joining groups. I will receive a notification to join a group. I click to join it and nothing happens. No recognition at all in the group list that you even joined that group. This is really pathetic and yes I realize I may be replying to a topic 6 years after it was originally posted but no doubt these problems are still occurring. Technologically speaking I would think this would be one of the simpler things for LL to manage.

• Like 1

FYI - I think I just figured out a workaround to the particular 'unable to join group' issue I mentioned above.

The issue I was having was that when I respond to an invitation to join a group under 'Notifications' clicking the 'Join' button does nothing but close out and delete the invitation.

If on the other hand I select the 'Info' tab for the group in the same invitation it will take me to the group profile page at which I can select the 'Join Now' button and be successfully joined to the group.

I think this meets the obvious definition of a bug but I am glad to see there is at least a work around.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me who to whine to about the fact that I've deleted a bunch of groups in-world but they are still showing on my list sl.com? I wouldn't care much about it it but I'm unable to join any more groups or create one. It's really becoming an issue for me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

~Birdie

remaining groups.jpg

1 hour ago, Birdie Amethyst said:

Hello,

Can anyone tell me who to whine to about the fact that I've deleted a bunch of groups in-world but they are still showing on my list sl.com? I wouldn't care much about it it but I'm unable to join any more groups or create one. It's really becoming an issue for me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

~Birdie

remaining groups.jpg

That's a snip from the viewer, right? (Maybe the Linden viewer?) So evidently you didn't actually "Leave" any groups? Or, what does "deleted" mean here, if not "Leave"?

I just logged in with the Linden viewer, opened the list of Groups ("Communicate / Groups" or Ctrl-Shift-G), found a disposable group, right-clicked it and chose "Leave" from the menu, OKd the confirmation dialog, and I was gone from the group and the count of "belong" and "remaining" instantly updated.

Is that what you tried, and it didn't work? I guess that would warrant a Support ticket, at least, to see if they want you to open a jira about it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TT120 said:

Currently, joining a group does not work unless you're online when the invitation comes.  If you're offline when you get the invite, accepting it when you do log in does nothing.

I just tried this (briefly) and found that accepting the offline Join invitation did not work in Firestorm (invited from the Linden viewer) but did work in Catznip (invited from Firestorm). Of course these were also different groups, different avatars doing the inviting, different ones trying to accept, and all on different regions, so this isn't much evidence of a viewer dependency, just that there's some variability here.

Turns out there's a jira from August and an existing forums thread from January about this, but I'm not seeing any details of why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1134 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.