The March 31st / April 3rd 2015 Releases

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Deciphering the details in and about the RC versions of the viewer is hard enough without identical release descriptions being made for different build release dates.

What is the story about these releases?

I tried the March 31, 2015 release and was rewarded with horrible FPS and incomplete texture caching & rendering on my normally Ultra Capable rig. An emergency clean re-install of Release Notes/Second Life Release/3.7.27.300242 allowed me to continue with my in-world activities.

[Note: These days I backup my C:\Users\KarenMichelle Lane\AppData Secondlife Roaming & Local configuration libraries into an archive to save time when having to regress back to a previous release]

Dare I try the re-release without any indication of why it was re-released?

I usually don't mind the cryptic nature of some of these RCs but a re-release with no comment as to why worries me about the quality control aspects of the LL Viewer Development Team .....again. And they were getting so much better as of late.

EDIT: Yes I checked the http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers page for the RC versions and descriptions. I was just frustrated that there was no difference in the Release Notes between the Maintenance Release version and the HeatWave version. 

For now I think I'll stick with the Second Life ToolsUpdate Viewer version 3.7.27.300242 version.

Im not clear on the difference between the current Maintenance-RC andthe Heatwave viewer builds either.

The release notes are 100% identical.

Looking at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Viewer_Source_Repositories , both are built from Tiger at different revisions, but only 1 revision apart, which doesn't match the build number jump of 101 revisions (300323 to 300424).

I suspect the build numbers are messed up and there is only a 1 revision change between the 2 builds, so Heatwave only includes the one additional fix: https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer-tiger/commits/d42b8af0acd02bcb83e070bb6e0d2a551aee30c2

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

Im not clear on the difference between the current Maintenance-RC andthe Heatwave viewer builds either.

The release notes are 100% identical.

Looking at 
, both are built from Tiger at different revisions, but only 1 revision apart, which doesn't match the build number jump of 101 revisions (300323 to 300424).

I suspect the build numbers are messed up and there is only a 1 revision change between the 2 builds, so Heatwave only includes the one additional fix:

Not "messed up".  Just different from what you get when you build a viewer.  It's likely a TeamCity build track number which could be configured to be unique throughout all projects built on that platform.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.