Support to HTC Vive for Second Life

Red2Blaze

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Red2Blaze wrote:

two things

1. seem we got an update on the request by Linden, even that i do not understand what they did
:(
dose any one else get it? what dose "Triaged" mean?

second, seems there is a voting things on bugs, so i guess giving it a "like" for the bug may help to push LL to do it

so maybe worth doing it:

Your status is now that it has been "accepted", which means that they've put that on an internal list of things to work on. It doesn't guarantee that it will be done, or done soon, but they haven't rejected the idea out of hand. That's about the best you can hope for right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been trying the latest version of 'Revive' with out luck. It seems to detect if you use in stand-alone mode, But crashes as soon as you switch to HMD mode with [CTRL]-{SHIFT]-[D]. I do not even see a log entry. If you do not use 'Revive', as expected you see a generic error stating Second Live could not find the HMD.
Hope they put in full HTC support soon. If I could show off SL in a HMD, I might drag back a few dozen players.

Navajo Demar.

Vinsin Naxos wrote

Not the most optimal solution but theres one way you can play SL with the VIVE; I use Virtual Desktop with Firestorm and it runs fine; not 'true VR' but funtional and amusing.

Secondly, has anyone tried to use the REVIVE projects injection into SL viewer, not sure if it'd work and not interested enough in trying it; but revive does convert several Oculus-running games into Vive usable. Might try it myself in .. well, days/weeks when I'm not so busy/interested in other stuff, like Dishonored/Subnatica .. but still!

Ooh, I never thought of that, being able to walk around and place items where you need them would be amazing!  

Secret Camino wrote:

I seriously hope they make it Vive compatible! It would make for a much more immersed experience, Can you imagine actually building with your hands? Way cool ESPECIALLY with the new bento project!

• 2 weeks later...

Took a bit of looking around, but I did find a way to use the HTC-Vive in SL.  You need to use Revive to do it, but it works, well kinda.  I found this blog about using the Occulus with SL, see http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2016/07/18/testing-ctrlaltstudio-viewer-1-2-6-43412/

After reading and testing the CTRLALTStudio's viewer, it works great with HTC-Vive and revive. See:  http://ctrlaltstudio.com/viewer/releases 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Navajo, how do you get it to work? I tried ctrlalt viewer and revive myself but just can't get it to run. I drag the launcher.exe to my revive injector then it loads and say no oculus device detected. I have oculus home installed. Could you please write a step by step tutorial how you got it to work? That would be very nice.

• 4 weeks later...

I think i need a howto too. I have installed Oculus Home, revive and CtrlAltStudio-Viewer-Alpha. Then i have copied the two folder from ReviveInjector.zip into the CtrlAltStudio Folder, also the two ReviveInjector*.exe files. If i drag CtrlAltStudio-Viewer-Alpha.exe on ReviveInjector_x86.exe, CtrlAltStudio starts without Error messages into the normal mode. If I press the 3D-Button the normal screen and vive shows a black screen. If i press ESC screen and vive goes back to normal mode. greetings Jan

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.