Some Avatars Not Rezzing Properly

Serenity1987

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've encountered a few avatars not rezzing properly for me. I've encountered them multiple times with the same problem. Their skin from the neck down is all white or all black, with only their clothing showing, or in some cases their clothing appearing static-y.

In one case we managed to resolve it, the other person changed their avatar (I assume) and I was able to see them properly but in another case we couldn't figure out the problem. They tried changing their avatar, we tried changing sims, and nothing worked.

For whatever reason your viewer is not loading the textures needed to render the whole avatar. If you are the only one in the area that cannot see them correctly then the problem is on your side. If everyone else is seeing what your seeing, the problem is on the broken avatar's side.

Such a problem is usually a connection issue. Having good Internet does not mean you are getting a good connection to the SL servers. Try this: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Without you having posted your viewer's HELP->ABOUT... I can't tell if you have a video driver problem or not.

Also, the 64-bit Linden viewer has a problem and fails to render some things. They are chasing that problem down. If you are using that, switch to another viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.