Second Life Slowdown?

RoseateBlossom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently the pas 3 days or so, I noticed quite a slowdown when it comes to entering a sim, it takes a lot longer to load everything up and messages are taking a bit longer to send, has anyone else been experiencing this since I cleared my cache, re-installed my viewer and my connection is running quite fast, it just seems a little odd there is a sudden slowdown, some of my friends agreed as well, so any thoughts?

Not sure if it's the same problem but one thing I notice is that walking is much slower with the SL Viewer 5.0.0 than with earlier viewer versions and I also keep getting glitches when the viewer freezes for a fraction of a second and my avatar suddenly jumps back a couple of steps when the viewer starts working again. Seems like packet loss but according to the stats I don't have any of that.

I haven't updated Firestorm yet and this is all very noticeable when I compare the two viewers directly. Running with SL 5.0.0 is actually slower than walking with Fs 4.7.9.

There's no doubt that this is an issue with the latest version of the viewer since any server, connection or client hardware problems would also have affected Fs 4.7.9.

I can't say whether this also affects the latest version of Fs. I don't dare to try it until I've tried it.

It's like when you enter, usually all the textures load extremly fast except it's suddenly stopped doing it anywhere near as fast, the same with loading avatars. The walking has also degraded since it used to me smooth and fluent and lags are happening here and there, my specs are well over what is needed so I know it isnt anything to do with me, I also noticed grey avatars that take a long time to load aswell wih the clothes floating around them until things have loaded up.

The cache has been cleared.

Settings are suitable for my PC.

Changing to lower settings doesn't make it any better.

It just suddenly happened, it should not need setting changes to fix things that wern't originally a problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.