Second Life 3.6.2 (279258) Jul 30 2013 08:04:02 (Second Life Release) "DEFECTIVE"

iceing Braveheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In all my life I have never seen a game penalize me for having beyond the system requirements
when I go into graphics options
Basic shaders
Atmospheric shaders
Advanced Lighting Model
Ambient Occlusion
Depth of Field
Shadows
Water Reflections
Hardware Skinning
Sky
are all disabled and cannot be re abled as they are all grayed out completely

In all my life I have never seen a game penalize me for having beyond the system requirements
when I go into graphics options
Basic shaders
Atmospheric shaders
Advanced Lighting Model
Ambient Occlusion
Depth of Field
Shadows
Water Reflections
Hardware Skinning
Sky
are all disabled and cannot be re abled as they are all grayed out completely

It may be possible to offer an explanation if you post details of your computer but without them it's just a guessing game. Open SL to login screen, select Help > About Second Life then copy/paste the details from the window that opens into a reply here. The line of the graphics card will likely just show the card series so add in the actual model.

Edit: You're using an old viewer btw. Second Life 3.6.4 (280048) was released on the 19th August and should be installed in view of Project Sunshine having been rolled out grid wide on that date..

Second Life 3.6.2 (279258) Jul 30 2013 08:04:02 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

You are at 464,773.0, 304,274.0, 76.4 in Ungren located at sim10527.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.52.33:13007)
Second Life Server 13.08.17.280013
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor (3300.07 MHz)
Memory: 8192 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit (Build 7600)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 780/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.2049
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.12
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 26/12,510 (0.2%)

I do hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but are you setting you performance first to Ultra?

At low, many of those functions are greyed out and you can't access until you raise the bar.

Though it could be that unrecognized cards are handled differently by the Viewer.

Thank you that helped allot almost everything seams unlocked now except "Terrain details" which are now broken and grayed out

I downloaded and installed Firestorm 4.4.2 (34167) then copy and pasted the gpu_table into the linden labs viewer then uninstalled firestorm

is there any risk to the video card hardware that could cause damage? I am new to this so I thought I should ask

I really hope linden labs fixes there viewer soon though I will back up the tables anyways  as I don't think the linden labs will fix there viewer any time soon

iceing Braveheart wrote:

Thank you that helped allot almost everything seams unlocked now except "Terrain details" which are now broken and grayed out

I downloaded and installed Firestorm 4.4.2 (34167) then copy and pasted the gpu_table into the linden labs viewer then uninstalled firestorm

is there any risk to the video card hardware that could cause damage? I am new to this so I thought I should ask

I really hope linden labs fixes there viewer soon though I will back up the tables anyways  as I don't think the linden labs will fix there viewer any time soon

Your video card will happily take anything Second Life can throw at it - it was just a situation where your card wasn't on the list. The GPU table was mostly to keep people whose cards wouldn't handle certain configurations from crashing but unfortunately the way it was done it causes problems like yours for new video cards. I can't see any possible way that using that particular table could damage your video card.

Just logged in this morning to see you've now found the fix, which is great. That is a known issue with the current LL viewer but the Nvidia 7 series cards should be in the next release, hopefully.

Regarding the Terrain Detail buttons being greyed out, this is not a bug, it's as the viewer should behave. Those buttons remain greyed out when Basic Shaders is enabled and the Option is set to High by default. If you untick Basic Shaders, you'll find you can now select Low or High but there is no reason why you would want to set it at Low. It's really only there for residents who need to run absolutely minimal settings as it replaces the ground texture with a low-resolution ground texture.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.