Search Does NOT Work!!!

Lulu Lysette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why is it that new versions are rolled out with major bugs that were known on the prior release?  Search does NOT work.  It can't find people who are visible.  What is going on?  I keep trying Viewer 2 but there are such huge bugs in it that I go back to Imprudence every time.  I really like the graphics and I can even live with the sidebar...but the fact that search is broken and the profiles take up too much screen real estate is enough for me not to use it.  It's annoying that the blog is posted with such excitement yet no acknowledgement of the issues that people keep mentioning over and over.  That is terrible customer service.

Search has been broken for a very long time now but some change in early February made it even more useless than it was.  At minimum search should be able to provide a directory of people and places when searched by name.  Be nice if it provided relevant returns for items too but today would settle for at least finding the shop or person looking for

Linden Lab has had about a year to fix the broken search function in Viewer 2.x. It has not done so because either it can't or it does not think it is important. From my understanding as to how things work at Linden Lab, if some of the programming staff think something is not important, they will not fix it. There needs to be a really big shake up of Linden Lab staff structuring and decision making. This is the one of the major tasks the new CEO needs to address. Unfortunately, I doubt the new CEO even realizes how serious a problem this really is.

• 7 months later...

i recently downloaded viewer2 and what a huge mistake one problem after the other!!!!! my search does not work so how am i suppose to go place!!!!!!! im not happy with this viewer hw can i change to the older version which was much better anyways!!!

• 4 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.