Project Viewer version 3.8.4.304433 - Avatar Complexity

Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a little. But not enough to comment too much. I will say that the rendering of JB seems inconsistent. I have been at simes, with the slider fully to the right and still had avatars looking like JB. I do think that the way they have done most of the features is fine. There really needs to be a slider in the new advanced dialog for rendervolumelodfactor as that is a critical part of my photo settings.

I see Jelly Babies even with the slider maxed out. The other 'max' settings in DEBUG are kicking in to yield the simplified render.

The LOD slider would be a good addition to the Graphics Settings drop down. When taking pictures I run into that problem too. Put in a feature request.

i had a go in a shop

on recommended settings for my GTX660 then in same view:

11 jelly babies
5 not jelly babies
FPS 44 about

change to No Limit
FPS 23 about

eta: screen 1920x1080. 60hz

+

dunno that I am much interested in jellybabies tho. Is a bit uninteresting to look at, being mostly all jelly babies

so I think I will mostly stick wiht the No Limit and less FPS, unless is about 40+ avatars in the scene I think. bc at 23FPS I can still cam and move ok

altho if a person has a older card/computer than me then will be pretty good for them I think

I hate the jelly babies nearly as much as more than I hate av imposters so I`ll keep imposters at no limits and just cut out shadows, physics then alm step by step if I need to, the one click load/save graphics presets are great for that.

An option to simply not render bloated draw weight avies would be great

Nalates Urriah wrote:

The LOD slider would be a good addition to the Graphics Settings drop down. When taking pictures I run into that problem too. Put in a feature request.

That would be the worst addition I can think of. Unless they name the slider "add some lag for everybody". Just use the debug settings to crank it up if you need to, you can use the mesh detail slider to turn it down again.

SaraCarena wrote:

How many you see will depend on how high/low you set the avatar complexity settings in graphics/advanced

Chat in a crowded classy concert:

Avatar 1: Hey look how beautiful outfit Super Grandeu is wearing! :smileyhappy:

Avatar 2: What? Super Grandeu looks to me just plain green, nothing special. :matte-motes-yawn:

Avatar 1: Ufff.... but I remember one Linden saying that they want all of us to see the same thing. :matte-motes-frown:

:smileytongue:  :smileywink:

There's a new update out for this viewer.

We believe it corrects some of the problems people have seen, including setting better defaults.

There are still a few minor bugs to be fixed before this becomes a Release Candidate (most notably that after you change your outfit, you keep getting the same message as before about how many people may not be seeing you).

Feedback on the new defaults and messages would be most helpful.

• 1 month later...
had another go in same shop on the 3.8.5 (305528)

only 10 avatars this time

on recommended for GTX660 then:

3 jellybabies for 35FPS about

on No Limit then 26FPS about

+

i think the increase in default from 60,000 to 80,000 for my 660 card is about right

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.