Profile Issue

RobertSeason

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please can someone help me...I can see my profile....in Sl.....the issue others cant    I am told it is blank....I have tryed everything i can think of......of course everyone thinks i am a "ALT"   very frustrateing    i will take all the help i can get

thank you !!

Heh, yeah, true, but that wasn't what I was suggesting. All modern viewers -- even the ones like Firestorm that see some limited profile information not seen on the web* -- they all see the profile's web content (unless buggy, I suppose). What I was suggesting was that the folks who claim not to see your profile might really mean that they don't see your picture. Otherwise, I'm kind of lost as to what their problem could be, having seen your profile just fine in both Firestorm and the Linden viewer.

I guess I could make up a way that only certain accounts could be unable to see only certain other accounts' profiles (presumably a bug, but also possibly a feature in some dystopian virtual world). Probably we'd have heard about it, though, and this doesn't ring a bell, at least for me.

*The reason this is slightly confusing to describe is that, long ago, profiles shown in viewers were not web-based, and when the Lab moved them and some other UI features (such as Search) to an embedded web framework, they tried to preserve backward compatibility, and there are still some defunct, historical accounts that will only show in the "non-web" search and reveal snippets of "non web" profile information. You can still glimpse some of that information in the Linden viewer, too, but not by normal Search and Profile viewing.

• 5 weeks later...

"

I believe you guys have no clue about the real point... profiles, search and internal browser are completely screwed up by LindenLab... they remain blank, totally blank. I cannot see my own profile either. The page loads but stays totally blank.

This issue has started with the most recent viewer's releases and sometimes  it seems fixed up and other times the issues gets back again.

If you open Processes tab in Windows Task Manager you can see a list of new processes which has nbever been seen before and which get started with the vierwer, called  "llceflib_host.exe". Plug-ins were already a pain in the a** killing the CPU, these new processes now made things even worse – all web browsers now do run in multiprocess too and became a sorta CPU killers, I keep using Firefox which seems the only one allowing to disable pultiprocess but still remains a hel to work with specially for me doing web design!

I've always difended for years since 2007 what LindenLab has been doing with SL {from Voice's introduction to all the social side of SL which I hope gets improved even more... SL is the ultimate social network like having Facebook, DevianArt, Skype – and so on – all in one place} whenever people attacked them but I must admit I started to get pissed off by what's going on. I finally can't stand all these issues which come back over and over and allover again everytime they upgrade the grid and the viewer.

I've been using SL since 2007 and some issues have always been there, many times I didn't care and refused using other viewers – which are even worse for my computer, Firestorm for me remains totally useless – but now I'm almost done, I don't spend time online anymore {I was used to be online all day long on a regular basis everyday}.

I love SL and will always do but if LindenLab doesn't sop messing around with things which were working properly I believe my presence on SL will end and I believe many other people will do that too.

If any of you know a solution to this issue with search, profiles and internal browser i will gladly thank you.

Dammit... I wonder why the hell I have to log back in so many times during a session? Automatic log-in in internal browser was one of the most useful features of the official viewer and now I have to keep logging in even to just open my own profile! That's just one on the many examples of what they're doing to ruin our SL experience.

I sound pissed off, I know... and I am, dammit! I really am... I'm literally furious!!!

AlexD.

{ LindenLab's guys... I hope your ears are burning badly now... }

AlexanderD Schumann wrote:

{ LindenLab's guys... I hope your ears are burning badly now... }

If you haven't gotten satisfaction with a support ticket, you'd need to file a jira with your problem -- LL rarely reads anything posted to the forums.

Just in passing, the "cef" in those "llceflib_host.exe" items stands for Chromium Embedded Framework, which in the past six months or so has replaced the obsolete WebKit previously used for those web-based floating windows in SL viewers.

Personally I never noticed that there were lots of copies of that process spawned by the viewer, but I guess it wouldn't be surprising because the Chrome browser spawns quite a bunch, too. That might be a problem, but I don't think it's much to do with your problem, which I'd guess involves the configuration of your PC, maybe its Chrome installation, maybe an adblocker... well, I'm just guessing here. Unless somebody else has encountered the same problem, this will involve a support ticket, at least.

(Incidentally, this is not the Original Poster's problem in this thread; rather, the OP could see their own profile just fine.)

Thanks Qie.

I know LL rarely read forum, as a matter of fact I wrote I just hope their rear would burn {in Italian we'd say "ring"}...

Talking about my issue I can't see why my PC and its configuration can be the cause... the first time I had that problem I had to wait till a new release of the official viewer, I updated the viewer last time and here that issue comes again, no change in my conputer configuration has been made in the meanwhile.

I still believe multiprocess and all those spawning host libraries processes are the real problem, which included also a frequent crashing, even over 5-6 crashes in 5 minutes {log-in>crash>relog>crashagain>relogagain>crashin'alloveragain... something that didn't happen to me in ages with this same PC and configuration and as a matter of fact I've always clapped my hands praising the official viewers' stability along the years, which made it better than the overrated Firestorm and all the others which made either impossible any attempt of log-in at all} and even if I cannot figure out the reason for that I have no doubt the problem is right there.

Following the 'leaders' {see Opera, Chrome... which keep starting a 'silent upgrading' in background — notwithstanding I disabled the automatic upgrades for those browsers, which I would delete from my PC if weren't necessary for my work — on and on again totally freezing my PC and forcing me to reboot it anytime with great loss of unsaved working data} doesn't mean we always do the right thing and unless we want SL become for an elite with top-notch PCs and gaming machines we need SL be different, smarter, better even than the leaders. It's sadly clear by now that LL have still no idea of SL's real potential as ultimate social media and no clue about taking advantage of that, else we wouldn't be here dealing with issues like these.

I pointed out my issue — just some of many others, actually... did I mention the freezin-up-to-the-crash anytime I try opening the Control Panel or sending a TP by right-clicking? Another issue that got fixed in one of the latest viewers and which lately appeared again, even worse than ever! — commenting the post here because I thought might both be the same issue and related to the same cause so I hoped some other user would tell something about it if they had the same problem and if have found an answer or a solution, which I've found nowhere yet.

I will definitely compile a Support Ticket and file a jira. If I went out of topic here I'm really sorry, I just wrote by frustration.

After this I'll shut my fingers down, promised.

AlexD.

AlexanderD, I suspect you have this bug: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11265

There is a fix for this bug in the latest Maint-RC viewer.

You can download it here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/4.0.2.311378

There's a couple of pretty nasty bugs in this viewer - no hover text will display on worn attachments and the viewer will not render ban lines & if you atemmpt to cross into a banned parcel the viewer will crash.

There will likely be an update soon to fix those 2 bugs, but give it a try & see if it has working profiles & search.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.