Problems with SL.

VivianFerrox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks for your reply Vivian. Try this:

1. Restart your computer, modem, and router. When restarting, make sure to leave everything powered off for at least ten seconds before restarting. This step can often fix routing issues and other connection-related problems.
  2. If you are still unable to log in, premium and Concierge Residents may contact customer support via live chat, support cases (tickets), or telephone.  Basic customers may file a support case.  See How to contact customer support for more information.

You may be able to continue to run SL even if your video card is incompatible. Does it give you and option to run the program anyway?  I have something similar that happens on my work machine; however, I can still run SL, albeit the performances is less than sellar. But, I use Firestorm rather than the "offical" SL Viewer.

You  might try one of the 3rd party viewers such as Firestorm or, even try Phoenix which is a V1 type viewer and see if that might work for you.

If you would like to use an older viewer that your computer can run you may try to use the older version of Phoenix. This link is in French, but you can download it and set your languages preferences later. Choose this download: PHOENIX 1.5.2.1185 (incompatible mesh)

Good luck!

http://phoenixviewersupfroff.blogspot.com/p/telechargements-phoenix-viewer-fr.html

To be clear here, does it say "outdated" or "does not recognize?"

Do you know what graphics card you have?  If you don't, you should be able to look up your computers specifications on the web or if you know how to find your computers hardware profile on your computer, you may be able to get the info from there.  It could help us to help you if you can tell us what the make and model number of your computer is.

Otherwise we are just shooting in the dark trying to help you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.