Problem taking pictures

Hettange Ferryhill

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just installed the latest SL viewer after several years' absense, and the problem I'm having is that each time I take a picture, the picture fills in the entire screen except for the top where the title and menu bars are, and I can't escape back to SL.  The HUD appears, and it seems to function.  The mouse has what appears to be a mgnifying glass with crosshairs on it, and I can't clilck on the menus.  I end up having to close and relaunch SL.  

Has anyone else had this issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Never experienced that myself but I was thinking it was because you were choosing a really large photo size. I found that if you check the box 'freeze frame' in your camera options, this causes the problem you are describing. Go to the top menu at world->snapshot or press ctrl-shift-s and uncheck the 'freeze frame' box. If you ever find yourself in the same situation, just press ctrl-shift-s to bring up the camera controls.

Untick "Freeze Frame" in the snapshot settings and you should be good.

There's a nasty bug on the LL viewer that can leave you stuck with the screen in freeze frame mode after taking a snapshot if you close the snapshot floater before saving the shot. There is no way to get out of this state apart from a relog.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.