Odd problem with viewer?

EnaudRecneps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

About a month ago my main avi started having problems that I thought were lag in some areas.  They've been getting worse now almost daily.  Have tried the SL viewer, Firestorm, and really all of them.  Was just in world and gave up.  avi will just stand there when I want to move, then slide ahead or walk and not want to stop.  Have moved my settings way back on almost all graphics.  Have almost no problems on my home parcel (Lionheart Region), and my alt using the same avi moves twice as well with almost no movement problems!  I've been using my particular avi/ao for almost a year and it never had any problems.   

Doe's anybody have any ideas. 

PS; experimented today with other ao's, going from Vista to TuTys to none....no affect at all on the problem.

EnaudRecneps wrote:

About a month ago my main avi started having problems that I thought were lag in some areas.  They've been getting worse now almost daily.  Have tried the SL viewer, Firestorm, and really all of them.  Was just in world and gave up.  avi will just stand there when I want to move, then slide ahead or walk and not want to stop.  Have moved my settings way back on almost all graphics.  Have almost no problems on my home parcel (Lionheart Region), and my alt using the same avi moves twice as well with almost no movement problems!  I've been using my particular avi/ao for almost a year and it never had any problems.   

Doe's anybody have any ideas. 

PS; experimented today with other ao's, going from Vista to TuTys to none....no affect at all on the problem.

Usually the sliding and not stopping, or delays in movement, are due to a connection problem. Have you tried to reboot your modem, completely off and on?

(Even though you mention not having issues with an alt, I have found myself that Alts - with a lesser inventory, or empty even, always move better)

Thanks Caitlin, will try it with the modem and see if that helps.    Funny about the alt.   Wanted to try something inworld, so signed in as alt.  Alt had lost all the hair and some other attachments as well as having the face somewhat messed up.  Searching for a word there but messed up is close.  Just slightly off?  Took me half an hour to get it looking like I left it.  I've known it for quite a while, The internet is out to get me.  Sigh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.