Oculus support

Willy Hegel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SL HP invites us to "explore SL with the Oculus Rift". It links to the DK2 (!) viewer page. When using the viewer it tells me, my system "doesn't meet the minimum system requirements" for graphic cards. Minimum is a gtx 6600 or better. I'm on a gtx 1080 which should be a lot better, but isn't recognized. Please update both the graphic card requirements to accept the gtx 1080 (it is recognized by the official standard viewer) and the project viewer to Oculus CV!

The Linden made Oculus Viewer is now well over a year out of date and I suspect incompatible with the retail Oculus Rift. For several months the lead SL Linden has been promising an update. It isn't here yet...

The only 3rd party viewer supporting Oculus has discontinued the viewer. That developer is playing in HIgh--Fidelity.

So... those with a Rift wait...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've been using an Oculus on SL for awhile, and unless LL has some massive graphics engine overhaul that actually makes use of the hardware, bring the sick bag if you plan to jump in with the headset.

The framerate is the issue. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but due to how inconsistant it is, it does get dizzying quickly, and since LL wants Advanced Lighting Mode turned on, good luck. I have a GTX980Ti Lightning Edition from MSI and unless I nerf my settings, getting anything above 45 frames a second is not doable, let alone letting the viewer render things TWICE for the Oculus.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2824 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.