Object and Prim counts broken in 2.7.4

Honey Puddles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes me too, I was just coming on here to say prim counts are lost as well my dressers?

It says Objects (count), Prims (count).

My dressers are no where to be found?  I tried to rez them in my home last night but got a message "unable to rez" or some such message and yes my rental tag was on and activated.  I did a search in my inventory by typing 'dresser', no dressers?  Checked my lost and found and objects, and no dressers? 

We have missing dressers on the loose. 

ETA:  Yes checked correct folder, no dressers, tho dressers were there last night in my folder when I tried to rez them in my own home with my rental tag on.  My dressers have gone completely missing. 

Wrote this workaround script for a friend. Create a new script in your inventory, and replace the default ccode with the following.

default{    state_entry()    {        llSay(0, "[Prim Count: " + (string)llGetNumberOfPrims() + "]");        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());    }}

Then drag and drop the new script onto the objects you're working on. (obviously this only works for objects you own with modify permissions)

slight improvement...

default{ //-- create me in inventory before dropping into any object	state_entry(){		llOwnerSay( llGetObjectName() + " (Prim Count): " +		           (string)(llGetObjectPrimCount( llGetKey() ) +                                    !!llGetAttached * llGetNumberOfPrims()) );		llRemoveInventory( llGetScriptName() );	}}

works even if someone is seated on object, or object is attached.

Jira is a bit confusing for new users, "fixed" often means that they have a working fix, but it may be in an unreleased beta version.... it's annoying because unless you are testing beta versions you can't confirm fixes, or spot problems. I've tried in the past to encourage lindens to mark them as pending until they hit production versions, but that's been hit and miss... I'd even settle for listing the version number the fix was applied in, so users would know when they could expect it, or voluntarily run a the correct beta version if it's important enough to them.

Oh thank you! I thought when it said fixed it meant it should be fixed. I understand what you're saying now. At least that gives me a little hope, lol. I was worried they thought it was fixed and weren't going to try to do anything else to fix it. I agree with you that it would be better/less confusing if they would mark it as pending instead.

I came to the forum,thought I broke the viewer!Good to know ITs THEM.

I try to be patient,however,another update today,as I moved to new land and just rezzed my store.Big project.

I edit a lot and I can not see how many prims are there to move things around.I am in the sky which looks more like a gradient texture than sky.Scary

I just laugh.

What I do not understand is why they break it in the first place! ha ha!

Bring back local lights after all these months and then break the object prim count.

Gotta love it.

thanks all,

XO

Mb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.