OSX Mavericks - Anyone tested SL the dev version yet?

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the SL viewer goes through another rocky period of major instability as new features are added, and Firestorm has trouble keeping up to date, i sudden wondered if any Mac SL Users had tried the current viewers on the next big OSX update mavericks.

Everytime Apple updates OSX Linden Lab have  state that SL does not support the new OS. So has anyone got the OSX MAvericks developer beta and have they tested Sl on it yet?

• 2 months later...

Installation went ok i think, so far i can only see apps, the detail there's no new look, i'm going to have to check this, if his is the update, it's a thumbs down from me, i thought there would be a full look change, anyway SL, omg it's got a serious graphics problem, its banding not usable....

> As the SL viewer goes through another rocky period of major instability as new features are added, and Firestorm has trouble keeping up to date, i sudden wondered if any Mac SL Users had tried the current viewers on the next big OSX update mavericks.

Yes.

> So has anyone got the OSX MAvericks developer beta and have they tested Sl on it yet?

No, I tested it on the release version instead of using a beta.

Ash Qin wrote:

> So has anyone got the OSX MAvericks developer beta and have they tested Sl on it yet?

No, I tested it on the release version instead of using a beta.

And...?

You tested it, but how did it go?

Things work or not work?

I rememver nightmares with the last OSX version... so I'm hesitant to upgrade it. 

late-year 2011 iMac here (after the upgrade iMac got that year).

Video in SL hasn't worked for me for a long time now... Flash verion incompatability, and SL on Mac seems to require it run through Flash rather than Quicktime...

Just upgraded. Blender 2.46 (call me old-fashioned) is working fine. Firefox is working fine. If anything, in a brief in-world, motion seemed much smoother. Of course, it is a low-demand time of night on a low-demand day. But I shall be able to carry on with all business activities. My major worries are over. I finally pulled the trigger because I heard it might help my MacBook Pro (Aug, 2012, solid-state memory) run cooler. With SL and Blender often open at the same time, that definitely appealed!

I shall report further discoveries as they are made!

Yay,think i found the right person to help me :D,I just updated SOX Mavericks,downloaded a viewer,firestorm release 4.2.,as the last beta one I can't download it,but don't let me open it,and I remember time ago,when I started using Macintosh I needed some setting to do to work,on terminal,can you help me on this regard?¿thanks.

DahliDream wrote:

Yay,think i found the right person to help me
:D
,I just updated SOX Mavericks,downloaded a viewer,firestorm release 4.2.,as the last beta one I can't download it,but don't let me open it,and I remember time ago,when I started using Macintosh I needed some setting to do to work,on terminal,can you help me on this regard?¿thanks.

Rather than double-clicking to launch the viewer the first time, right click it and select "Open". You'll then be presented with a dialog box requesting authorization to launch it. Enter an administrator username/password and off you go. You will not be asked for authorization again, until you download a newer version.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.