New scary copybot viewer *growls* -.-

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A friend of mine told me about this site : www.xxx.xxx.xxx (I've removed the link. Joanna)

where you can create a account and download a ascent viewer wich easy copybots stuff..either skins or even objects. And this is seariously bad for every creator on sl and someone should shut down that side

Seems like they allready disbabled the new registrations, wich is a good thing, cuz that means that not more ppl can download the viewer...but still..the ppl that allready have it..can pass it arround anyway

The bad thing about this side is, of course that you can download the viewer there but even more bad is that you can even download skins and all that directly on that side -.- even whole avatars..that means you dont even have to actually use the viewer

I dont get why secondlife dont start to work on shutting down viewers like that.

Im going to search for a tool wich auto bans ascent viewers ( cuz that is what the viewer is) from my sim allready, cuz i dont want anybody near my shop with that viewer

Question is, can i write a tiket for that side on sl? cuz actually its nothing that happends right IN sl and nothing that has actually something to do with Sl itself, other then it destrois alot businesses D:

Hi, not sure about the ticket thing but for this viewers its easy to pretend be an accepted viewer. As long digital content exist there will be ways to copy it - with or without permission.

I guess you can only act if stolen things are uploaded into SL or any other Open Grid.

Better be a DMCA (spelled right? we don´t have that here so maybe its DCMA....) that protects digital rights all over the net but you need to proof things are yours.

As someone said in another thread, be quick do things make money and move on with a new idea.

Sad but thats our new virtual world that makes copy things easier than RL ever was.

Monti

Viewer hacks are nothing new and ascent isn't the first to get it i've seen youtube clips of people using neillife copy bot viewer hacks to turn Phoenix viewer from a legit viewer to a bot masquerading as phoenix at least on the log in page since there seems to be an option to change the viewer channel so you show as using a different viewer. i must stress these viewers are compiled and modified by self compilers using freely downloadable source code and not the official viewer devs 

First off..sorry that i dont speak 2 lanugages perfect..im german..mistakes happen :)

Buts thats not the topic here anyway

And i do not advertise anything, cuz the register on that side is disabled anyway, wich is a good thing actually

All i wanted to know, is if i can  report that on Sl or not, since this is just a side where you can download

and i dont want to get teached how to speak english :D

I'm German too :) Just saying. I didn't think that you meant to advertise this viewer, but I think that is an inevitable side effect of mentioning it by name. I could imagine that owners of this viewer have uploaded it to the usual filesharing sites, so all people need is a name to search for.

PS: It's "get taught" btw. Sorry, I can't help it :P

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.