New CHUI project viewer now available

Viewer Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today we bring you the next version of the CHUI project viewer.  Notable changes from the last project viewer include:

• Addition of notifications and notification preferences
  • Smaller Conversations and People windows with increased resizability
  • Adding more ways to get to certain functions. For example, we added a speak button to the Conversations window toolbar
  • Improved performance
  • Bug fixes and polish

The project viewer can be downloaded  from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

We appreciate the great feedback on the first project viewer, all of which we carefully considered and incorporated where appropriate.  Work remains on Do Not Disturb mode, which is an enhancement of the old Busy Mode.

As before, please file bugs and other feedback in CHUIBUG:  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/chuibug

For more information on CHUI, you may wish to read the original blog post at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/The-Communications-Hub-User-Interface-CHUI-Launches-Today/ba-p/1708805

Happy holidays, and we’ll see you in the new year.

Closing the conversations window still closes all child conversation windows. Then, if you minimize the main conversations window, it can't be resized, yet only 1/3rd of horizontal space is actually used for icons. That is a complete game killer for me, I don't want that window to constantly be on the screen.

Still don't need the "Blocked" tab in the people window; I can just as well go to the Communicate menu and see that information separately without having to keep my people window an extra 120px wider all the time.

I had a quick blast on CHUI viewer, and was really pleasantly surprised. Particularly like having the option to turn off notifications of people coming online and going offline - that has been a bugbear of mine since Day One.

If you're keeping the interface that lovely shade of blue, I will be happy too. V2/V3 was gloomy and like looking at a dark hallway through a letterbox.

And the chat window is very much easier to use than having to spot the little icons/boxes popping up in the right hand corner (where, incidentally, I prefer to have my minimap). Ripping off separate conversations, and minimising to a partial size or just to the usual small icon in a corner of the screen is much better in my opinion. Easier to dip in and out of conversations.

Can we have resizable camera controls next please?

These are just initial responses, and I'm focussing on the positives, as the CHUI viewer has addressed many of the issues I had with regular V3. Thanks.

Hitomi Tiponi wrote:

Echo Hermit wrote:

If you're keeping the interface that lovely shade of blue, I will be happy too. V2/V3 was gloomy and like looking at a dark hallway through a letterbox.

Sorry to disappoint you but the blue bar is how LL indicate it is a project viewer rather than a mainstream one.

:matte-motes-frown:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.