Most of the viewers don't work on my laptop

Lipahlove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

i had tryed to download sl, firestorm, catznip, and none of them works, it says i have tu update my graphic drivers or reinstall them.. well they are updated, and i don't know how to re-install them..

Help! Anybody?

Also i must add that singularity runs normally (i think)

Thankx you all. Hugs.

To re-install drivers, just uninstall them and then install them again. You don't talk about what drivers you're using, or your computing environment, so I can't give more specific advice.

It's best to have the new drivers already downloaded and easy to find - running without any graphics drivers (which you'll have to do for a short while) can be difficult.

Additionally, if you're on Windows, do not rely on Windows Update (or other wizards) to install these drivers for you. Such automated means often screw up the installation, which won't help.

If a clean re-installation doesn't help, you may be affected by a bug such as this: VWR-8285 - if so, you could try the noprobe solution suggested on that page (and documented here).

ETA: Just realised the VWR tree is closed in pJIRA, but I think noprobe still works. No idea how to find a more recent version of the same bug, am skipping further research due to interest constraints, sorry!

When you ask a tech question we need to know about your computer and viewer. You can most easily get the info we need from the viewer before or after you login. Use HELP->ABOUT... copy paste the info from that panel into your post.

The minimum hardware needed to run SL is listed here: https://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/

If you are using a desktop computer, you may need to upgrade your video card. You can get good cards on eBay. Currently Nvidia GeForce GTX 760's are going for about US$175. I rn a GTX560 that does pretty well. Those go for as little as US$50.

If you are on a laptop, besure your video ship goes active when SL starts. Laptops to try to save power and turn off the video chip. Unless you have told your laptop about SL, it won't know to enable the video chip.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.