More Group space and More Picks space

Ananda Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With all the shops, clubs, auction houses, breedables, ect. we really need a lot more group space. I get so tired of having to remove groups that I like being in, just so I can add another one. Unlimited group space would be amazing!

Also more Pick space would be great as well. Either that or another tab for family pick. 10 just is NOT enough to tell more about yourself and your family and have other places in your picks as well.

Ananda Crystal wrote:

With all the shops, clubs, auction houses, breedables, ect. we really need a lot more group space. I get so tired of having to remove groups that I like being in, just so I can add another one. Unlimited group space would be amazing!

Also more Pick space would be great as well. Either that or another tab for family pick. 10 just is NOT enough to tell more about yourself and your family and have other places in your picks as well.

Increasing Groups I hate to say had been discussed to death.  Example

I seriously doubt it will happen.  But who knows what surprises LL could pop on us.

+1 for Perrie’s answer to the “more groups” thing.

As for more picks, I think LL might as well consider a complete reworking of the whole thing; much as groups themselves, picks weren’t actually supposed to be used for that, and despite many people’s creative tricks, they’re still quite limited in space and flexibility for the purposes they use them for.

One of the problems of LL ever doing such an expansion is that, for every user making the most of what picks (and other parts of the profile) allow, there are probably over 20 others barely bothering to put anything anywhere in their profiles, for a variety of reasons among which plain, simple laziness cannot be but admitted. And I’m not talking about one-time disposable alts or newcomers who barely stay long enough to care... I mean users well over 6 months and who plan to keep on logging. LL can’t help buth see all those empty profiles and think: “if they don’t bother, why should we?”.

Mind you, I would love to have a more comprehensive profile, too. But until LL bother, if they every do, the best you can do is to fill nine of those ten picks with the nine most important subjects of your choosing, and then dedicate the tenth to place one or more hyperlinks to external sites where you do have essentially unlimited space and flexibility to put whatever extended info about yourself you wish, such as a blog, a webpage, a Flickr, a Facebook or Google+ profile... whatever.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

More data to push around means more lag, more servers, more bandwidth to send this down, and most avatar details are handed over from sim to sim. I'd actually prefer to see a larger message cap limit, (they are going to increase it to 50 for Premiums, whoopy doo.)

There are plans for additional Premium only  "features" during this year, perhaps they will be part of it. I doubt they will do much though, as most of their resources are going in to the new world, and no doubt the ability to move the best of our stuff to it as the updated ToS allows.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.