Missing mesh clothes and flickering graphics

Bod Redgrave

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am running Firestorm 4.6.9 (42969) with AMD Radeon HD7800 8.14.1.6374 (latest Driver with Omega) on Windows 7.

My problem is the inability to see any mesh clothing on avatars, all I see is gaps (transparencies) where the clothes should be. I also cannot wear any Mesh related items/clothing etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bod Redgrave wrote:

I am running Firestorm 4.6.9 (42969) with AMD Radeon HD7800 8.14.1.6374 (latest Driver with Omega) on Windows 7.

My problem is the inability to see any mesh clothing on avatars, all I see is gaps (transparencies) where the clothes should be. I also cannot wear any Mesh related items/clothing etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

The latest AMD OpenGL drivers don't support Second Life properly anymore. However, if you copy over the OpenGL drivers from an older AMD driver and put them in your Second Life viewer folder it should fix the Second Life issues without having to rollback the entire driver. Procedure and comments here:

https://modemworld.wordpress.com/2014/12/13/amd-catalyst-drivers-additional-windows-workaround/

Apologies for not replying sooner. Have tried various workthroughs ...

I did a clean install of my AMD Driver for the card, tried 14.4 and 14.9 - but both were not good.

Even disabled Hardware Skinning, mesh came back, but Shadows disappeared.

Tried the copy files and paste in program file, seems to be the best option, as this has fixed it!

Have reported problem to AMD Support.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3384 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.