Mac OS X Yosemite

valerie Inshan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I did the upgrade and I can't really say I'm happy with the results as it comes to SL.

SL works yes, but, I must not dare to switch to Safari for a minute, not even a second! Because when I switch back to SL I can't move anymore. Ah well, I can run yes..and in a straight line and that is it. Also when I start typing in chat or IM (to explain my friend what is going on) the fun really starts. As soon as I press the 'u' an upload window pops up, and the 'a' erases all text and somehow acts as a backspace. A relog is all that helps so far.

But hey, I'm used to it. Every time we get a new OS the viewer is not updated to it. 

I must say, I use LL viewer so in this case 3.7.17.... The RC (3.7.18...) does the same.

FSbetaX64 works the best so far. Only, I don't like FS.

Well, I am patient, and not sure to file a Jira or not. Since LL recommends OS 10.9 lol. 

*EDIT* In the meanwhile I found a way to solve it without having to relog. You see, I just realized, the fact the upload (finder) window shows up whenever I press 'u', it must have to do with a shortcut that got borked somehow. And the shortcut for uploading an image is Cmd-U. So somehow when switching to Safari and back effects the Cmd key. So I took the test..went to Safari, switched back, I could not move..and typing 'just' in local chat opened my upload window. I cancelled, then pressed the Cmd key once and typed 'just' again. This time the word 'just' appeared in my local chat, and above all, I could move again. And as I write this I tested this again. Bingo. I found a workaround :matte-motes-big-grin:

Six Igaly wrote:

I did the upgrade and I can't really say I'm happy with the results as it comes to SL.

SL works yes, but, I must not dare to switch to Safari for a minute, not even a second! Because when I switch back to SL I can't move anymore. Ah well, I can run yes..and in a straight line and that is it. Also when I start typing in chat or IM (to explain my friend what is going on) the fun really starts. As soon as I press the 'u' an upload window pops up, and the 'a' erases all text and somehow acts as a backspace. A relog is all that helps so far.

But hey, I'm used to it. Every time we get a new OS the viewer is not updated to it. 

I must say, I use LL viewer so in this case 3.7.17.... The RC (3.7.18...) does the same.

FSbetaX64 works the best so far. Only, I don't like FS.

Well, I am patient, and not sure to file a Jira or not. Since LL recommends OS 10.9 lol. 

Thanks, I think I will just continue holding off despite LL encouraging me to update.

Sorry for not coming back to this thread earlier but I've been enjoying an Indian summer weekend at the country!:)

Well, I have installed Yosemite and SL is running just as smooth as usual (maybe even a little better when it comes to leoding textures, but maybe it has nothing to do with Yosemite, just SL being in a good mood... :P). No browser issue so far (I don't use Safari but Chrome). 

As for the many features of this OS, I guess it will take me some time to discover them all, but so far, I am rather impressed. So, unless I encounter some really bothering issue, I'd say go for it! :)

valerie Inshan wrote:

Sorry for not coming back to this thread earlier but I've been enjoying an Indian summer weekend at the country!
:)

Hello Valerie, I can't blame you for that :)

Then Yosemite, I am impressed as well, I like the look and feel no issues so far, so no regrets about the upgrade.:smileyhappy:

SL, it runs smooth as can be yes except for this odd behaviour. I mentioned Safari because that is my default browser (I like this new version even better:smileytongue:). However I also tried Chrome and Firefox later, same behaviour! So, I'm clueless right now. What comes up in my mind now though, maybe it is the CMD key itself! Just can't say how. It would be weird since before the upgrade the key was fine LOL, also it does not show any other odd behaviour. Ah well, time will tell. Or someone!:matte-motes-big-grin:

Mmm, while typing all this I realized I did not try one thing..you see, I always switch apps with CMD+TAB. I never tried to use the F3 key and just now I did, 3 times! Guess what. The issue does not occur. What is left now is obviously, trying another keyboard. If it still does it then it is obviously a bug. If not then I managed to destroy my CMD key during the upgrade.:smileylol:

Six Igaly wrote:

What is left now is obviously, trying another keyboard. If it still does it then it is obviously a bug. If not then I managed to destroy my CMD key during the upgrade.:smileylol:

LOL! Six, I hope not! :D Seems I was a little bit fast calling Maddy a laboratory rat. Looks like we're gonna be a bunch of rats ourselves! Oh and btw, I kill about 2 or 3 keyboards a year so I wouldnt pull my hair too much about that! :P But anyway, I'm starting to LOVE this new OS, even if it's just for the beautiful wallpapers of Yosemite's landscapes!!!! :D

im on the latest version of Firestorm, in combination with Yosemite for Mac. I have a 1 year old Imac.

Im experiecing a huge load of lag when i am inworld since i updated to Yosemite. Its not the internet, i checked it on my laptop, which is a media laptop ( Asus ) and all is fine there. 

Im lost for solutions at the moment, i never have lag issues. Only every once in a while but now after 10 minutes tpying starts to go slow.. its that bad that i am typing my messages into a text editor on my imac and then copy paste them into SL. ( for real lol ).

Movement inworld is laggy to and its like the movement just pauses.

Has anyone got any idea what this can be? I hope there is a hero out there who can help me :)

I don't have any lag. Ever since I found out how to solve the issue I had I have no problems at all. Still need to check if it is my keyboard or not though :smileyembarrassed:).

Of course I don't know if you connect wireless or not, but it seems there where some issues for some users. So for in case you are, maybe you should read this article: http://osxdaily.com/2014/10/25/fix-wi-fi-problems-os-x-yosemite/

That's all I can do right now.

Im on Yosemite, and 27" iMac late 2012. 3.4Ghz intel core 17.

For me performance seems releativly stable. I did notice Anti Aliasing seemed to not change when swapping between higher and lower settings x2, x4, x6 etc. I dont get this isse some others have described.

Im using the Official SL viewer and their Betas.

I think i read somewhere about Yosemite using older GFX card drivers for some odd reason. 

AidenTigra wrote:

im on the latest version of Firestorm, in combination with Yosemite for Mac. I have a 1 year old Imac.

Im experiecing a huge load of lag when i am inworld since i updated to Yosemite. Its not the internet, i checked it on my laptop, which is a media laptop ( Asus ) and all is fine there. 

Im lost for solutions at the moment, i never have lag issues. Only every once in a while but now after 10 minutes tpying starts to go slow.. its that bad that i am typing my messages into a text editor on my imac and then copy paste them into SL. ( for real lol ).

Movement inworld is laggy to and its like the movement just pauses.

Has anyone got any idea what this can be? I hope there is a hero out there who can help me
:)

I've had bouts of lag like that on my Macs since coming to SL over six years ago. I still have them, they're no better or worse than before. Though I'm not in SL much these days, I'd say that Yosemite is working fine. Overall, I really like Yosemite, and the closer integration with IOS 8. Handoff and Continuity are welcome and impressive additions.

Frenchy25 wrote:

Cannot upload an image from iMac to SL get kick out of network

message say

LLImageGL::createGLTexture failed to make texture

any help will be apreciated

frenchy25

You are probably using the Coverflow view in the file picker. Pick another view method to select your file to upload. (Icon, List, or Column)

Same.

27" iMac, Late 2012 model
2.9 GHz Core i5
8Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512MB

Even with just SL running, I can't get more than 8 FPS and typing in unbearably slow using both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Firestorm.  I'll type something and have to wait a few seconds before the characters start showing up...

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a retina iMac the other day and I've had nothing but issues with the main SL viewer and firestorm with 10.10 OS. Seems to freeze my computer and then restart itself. It can handle every other program but SL it's the strangest thing. Sucks spending so much money on a machine that I can't use.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.