Login Fail

Matthew Valerian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so, since my computer crashed the other night, I've been having issues signing in. I've looked through the forums and did what many pages explained as far changing login location. This is what's coming up...

unable to connect to second life
peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

I've tried everything I could possibly think of including uninstalling and reinstalling the program. NOTHING works so far. And I'm getting a bit uneased. Is there anything else I could do? Perhaps someone can give me a list of options to take.

Thanks,

Matthew Valerian

Okay, so, since my computer crashed the other night, I've been having issues signing in. I've looked through the forums and did what many pages explained as far changing login location. This is what's coming up...

I've tried everything I could possibly think of including uninstalling and reinstalling the program. NOTHING works so far. And I'm getting a bit uneased. Is there anything else I could do? Perhaps someone can give me a list of options to take.

Thanks,

Matthew Valerian

Matthew Valerian wrote:

Thanks,

Matthew Valerian

Check your computers clock and date. when it crashed it might have reset the time and year. let us know if this works.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Could those people having this problem copy and paste their viewer info here. Start your viewer but don`t log in, click Help > About Second Life (menu at top lefthand corner)

It will look something like this.

Second Life 3.7.11 (291465) Jun 25 2014 14:40:06 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (3310.85 MHz)
Memory: 8169 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 650/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.3523
OpenGL Version: 4.4.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.24.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.31
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600

SaraCarena wrote:

Sorry I don`t. Maybe you could start a new post about the exact problem and somebody who does know might see it or ask in the answers section where I found that link.

Edit: oh Perries here to the rescue:smileyhappy:

I don't know if that is the answer, but have my fingers crossed, I googled "Microsoft Fix Peer Cert, etc."

So I'm living dangerously here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.