Latest viewer (2.7.4) messes up all the textures.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My viewer just updated autmatically, I tried to log in and textures are all messed up, lamp texture loads on th wals and floor texture loads in my hair!!! some sculpties are all messed up too. I tried to clear my chache but exactly the same result. Anybody else having this problem?

Ambashi Pherala wrote:

My viewer just updated autmatically, I tried to log in and textures are all messed up, lamp texture loads on th wals and floor texture loads in my hair!!! some sculpties are all messed up too. I tried to clear my chache but exactly the same result. Anybody else having this problem?

I had a problem where the hull of my yacht, which I have an instance of permanently docked next to my house, had the text of some notecard partially overlaid on it. It didn't matter whether I deleted the instance and then re-rezzed; the problem remained. I can't immediately recall what version I was running when this happened, but it was definitely 2.7.x.

It seems to be intermittent (or was intermittent). A lot of things happened at the same time to decrease the tendency towards this, including Time Warner addressing latency issues in my neighborhood, me using Firestorm Beta for some time rather than official SL viewer, etc. I've heard there's some sort of bug that causes overlay like this if you give another window focus that is in front of the SL window while textures are loading, but I didn't have a notecard up during these instances, so who knows?

Good luck with it at any rate. You don't even need to get into how annoying it is - I'm right there with you. :matte-motes-angry:

I've had the same issues when loading up the new updated viewer.  It's not a 'required' update so I recommend if you still have the backup extraction file to the previous version, I'd uninstall the latest Viewer 2 file and reload.  Until a 'required' update comes along,  I won't update (and use other viewers when it just hits the need to.)

Good luck on fixing this texture issue.

We're looking into the texture render issue right now. As a work around, can you try going in to your graphics preferences and disabling basic shaders and see if that corrects the issue? Let me know what your results are and I'll share it with our team!

Would anybody be willing to test the 2.7.5 beta and let me know if they are still seeing these texture problems in that Viewer? (Make sure you have basic shaders turned back on to test that) :)

I'm not able to repro the issue here so any help you can lend would be a huge help!

Thanks!

Esbee

I just tested the new 2.7.4 viewer and with basic shaders on and shadows and everything maxed out, the screen was totally black...this was not the case with the former viewer though, the shadows rendered beautifully there....

I also tested the beta 2.7.5 and i got the same results...

If i turned off basic shaders or shadows then i could see everything normally on both viewers...

My videocard is a Sapphire Radeon 6850 btw, which rendered everything perfect, until now ;)

Esbee - i experienced seeing some of my shoes with alpha layers appearing as just back blocky shapes after teh update to 2.7.4. and others with different alpha confuigurations missing parts altogther. I tried disabling the basic sliders and that did indeed resolve. is there a fix pending? ks

I disabled anti-alias in 2.7.4 and when i turned on shadows, everything was rendering perfectly ^ ^

So i turned on everything else like depth of field and anisotropic filtering, turned out beautiful....

when trying the new 2.8 beta it suddenly worked from out of the box !

Anti-alias and everything else turned on, its great :D

Snapshot_002.png

btw loved the new environment editor

I can't do anything with shaders on this new version.  My computer lags and freezes when I was able to see shadows before and on ultra setting in the last version.

I'm paying with all the shaders turned off now.  It doesn't seem to matter if my settings are low or ultra.

Also my grass isn't rezzing, on mine and another computer....  which is odd, must be the texture thing.  Shaders doesn't seem to matter there.

but, I MISS MY SHADOWS.  My gosh that was beautiful!

I just went through hades over the last couple of days trying to figure out why I was having the 'error 8' nvidia crash. Fortunately, we realized that if we rolled SL back to 2.7.2, and used that rather than the beta, that would be resolved. Now that I'm on 2.7.2, I'm seeing some of my alpha textures looking pixelated and fringy....aaand I realized it was one of the things that was driving me crazy during this particular build. Bangs on hair, and eyelashes are two of my most noticed culprits, but after reading this post, I tried turning anti-aliasing off, and they looked much better. Then I turned it back on, because I love me some smooth edges! What a quandry. ;) Another thing I'm noticing is a thin line of what I think is transparency around my avatar, like a halo. It also occurs in the eyes, between the eyelashes and the cornea. It's more easy to notice in some lighting settings than other (in dim lighting it was particularly bothersome). If there's a way to alleviate that bug, I haven't figured out what it is yet. I'm thinking it's a side-effect of all the nifty light/shadows, though? Has anyone else seen this? From a distance, it can look almost like a dark border around your (or another's) av.

• 5 weeks later...

haha i been haveing problems with my hair looking all messed up and i messed with the seting in graphics if you go to graphics tab and go to advanced im on firestorm viewer just saying... and look for LOD = level of detail and turn Objects & Sculpts all the way down it might help with the other things to it has for meh :D thanks for helping if i did.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.