Keeping the customized Windlight when I log in

LoriLexa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I customized my windlight setting about a year ago. (Saved it) Everytime I logged in, my windlight would be set to that cutomized setting. After recent updates, everytime I log in , my windlight is now automatically on region settings. The customized one is still there but my viewer is not staying on that setting as it did before. 

Is there a way I can make sure that every time I log in, my viewer will stay with the customized one like it did in the past?

Thank you for your help

Yes.

Top menu: World->Environment Editor->Environment Settings...

You can pick a sky or day cycles. It will stay until you change it.

=======

PS: If your viewer crashes on exit, the setting change will be lost. On exit the viewer can crash with no visible sign to you. If you find the setting change is not sticking, login and change it, then immediately log out. Often you have to be online for a time to create the crash conditions.

Nalates Urriah wrote:

Yes.

Hi Nalates, that is the problem, It is not staying when I change it. It used to stay but now it does not, it just goes back to region settings when I log on again. Any ideas to why it won't stay all of the sudden and how I can fix this? 

Thank you

LoriLexa wrote:

Nalates Urriah wrote:

Yes.

Hi Nalates, that is the problem, It is
not staying
when I change it. It used to stay but now it does not, it just goes back to region settings when I log on again. Any ideas to why it won't stay all of the sudden and how I can fix this? 

Thank you

The current "maintenance" viewer is set to default to not keeping your settings after login, but there's a debug setting now to allow you to switch it back to the old behavior.

Details:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8739

Interesting jira includes this comment from Grumpy Linden:

"Grumpity Linden added a comment - 16/Mar/15 2:41 PM

This behavior change is intentional. Second Life is a shared experience, and we want to default to that where possible.
thanks!"

Thanks to you Grumpy. By this logic there shouldn't be any windlight settings and you should force us all to have the same lighting all the time. Watch out for the new grumpy settings in the next update.

grumpy-dwarf.jpg

In Second Life 3.7.26 (299635) viewer I tested the following settings:

Environment settings:
• Customize my environment
• Fixed sky (Midday)

Debug setting:
• UseEnvironmentFromRegion = FALSE

It will stay in these settings between logins. The region setting will not override it.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

The current "maintenance" viewer is set to default to not keeping your settings after login, but there's a debug setting now to allow you to switch it back to the old behavior.

Details:

Thank you Theresa, I went into debug settings, then changed environmentPersistAcrossLogin to "True" 

That fixed it, I just hope it stays that way LOL Thanks again for this information

Just to be clear, what I did observe:

The setting environmentPersistAcrossLogin was in Second Life 3.7.26 (299610) viewer,
but it is not any more in the Second Life 3.7.26 (299635) viewer, which is the latest official one.

Anyway, the settings I showed in my earlier post do work with Second Life 3.7.26 (299635) viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.