It's the Finer Details: Rendering Issues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For awhile now, I've had problems with smaller mesh items rezzing properly. Especially on some plants, hair, and mesh attachments like lashes. I haven't really made an effort to figure out why this is happening or what to do to correct it, and now that I have a mesh attachment with eyelashes -- and many residents are utilizing these types of appearance upgrades - everyone's lashes look like they've all gotten into a cheap tube of mascara and put on as many coats as possible. 

Here's an example:

d7d81ed9959b194a63546cc5c906010b.gif

I have an AMD card. I tried upping the aliasing on my viewer settings first, but to no avail. Then, I went into my driver settings to see if they were overriding SL, so I turned them off just to see what happened. No change. So back into my diver settings, I bumped up the aliasing settings and I'm still facing a world of clumpy lashes. As I like to practice photography in SL, this is an issue for me. 

Can someone lend some insight?

I'm not whether what I'm going to say will help or not, but perhaps the slide "Mesh detail: Objects" in your graphics preferences is set to very low. I usually have it set to the far right (although not always) and haven't had these issues. You have to take into account, though, that increasing the level of detail can lead to lower framerates. If you have it already set to the max, then I don't know what's happening.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.