Issues saving snaps & uploading files. Anyone help?! Thnx

MiaSnow Myriam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm having trouble saving snapshots to my hard drive, and trouble uploading images into SL. sometimes it works a few times when i 1st log in, then stops working. what happens is, when i click for a snapshot, it opens the little window for saving options... but when i get to the SAVE button, the connection seems to be lost between SL & my computer. i am unable at that time to navigate thru folders, and SAVE/CANCEL buttons are non-existant. then i click the window shut & it either freezes SL for about 30 seconds or it crashes.

similar situation when trying to upload images and it has happened when trying to upload animations as well. i can do a few on 1st login (usually but not always), then it quits letting me navigate my folders. i relog & sometimes that helps other times not.

here is what i find odd. i used to have no trouble at all, then i got rid of that PC. since then, i have tried 2 different new quad-core PC's with Windows 7, and both have produced this problem. i use the SL viewer 3 and have the latest update. i tried a 3rd party viewer too & it just flat-out crashed when i tried to take a pic.

any suggestions? 

i have intel i5, 2500

8GB

64bit OS

NVidia GTX

Thank you,

~Mia

My first thought is it's a connection problem.  If you are using a wireless connection change that to a wired (Cat5 Ethernet cable).  If you haven't rebooted your router and modem then do that........unplug the devices from their electrical source and leave unplugged for 3 to 5 minutes.  Then plug them back in, reboot your computer to re-establish your connection and try SL again.  Check your dowload bandwidth speed.......it should be near what your ISP advertises you should get for your level of service (at least 75% of that speed).

http://www.speedtest.net/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.