Invisible Mesh

VindictiveKarma

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I updated my graphics driver because I had been having issues with mesh sticking across the screen. Now even tho everything seems to be running better I cant see my mesh hair or clothing. I know there is suppose to be a glitch with amd cards but is there anything else i can try to possibly getting it working besides disabling hardware skinning? Dont want to lose performance cause of a giltch if i can keep from it. Thanks ahead.

id rather not have to uninstall new drivers, another option any one? Ive tried another part of this place but wanted to post again to see if anyone has anything to help.

An update if i take the mesh off and drop it on the ground i can see it...but not if its being worn....Oo.

VindictiveKarma wrote:

I updated my graphics driver because I had been having issues with mesh sticking across the screen. Now even tho everything seems to be running better I cant see my mesh hair or clothing. I know there is suppose to be a glitch with amd cards but is there anything else i can try to possibly getting it working besides disabling hardware skinning? Dont want to lose performance cause of a giltch if i can keep from it. Thanks ahead.

id rather not have to uninstall new drivers, another option any one? Ive tried another part of this place but wanted to post again to see if anyone has anything to help.

An update if i take the mesh off and drop it on the ground i can see it...but not if its being worn....Oo.

The problem is supposed to be fixed in the AMD 15.3 beta drivers - people have been using them for a few weeks with good results.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/ati#known_good_ati_driver says about beta driver 15.3:

"We have preliminary reports that Catalyst 15.3 Beta solves the “invisible rigged mesh” bugs which has been a major problem for many. If you wish to try this driver, by all means do so, but you are testing at your own risk, until we have enough feedback to be able to say with confidence that this driver does indeed solve the problem."

TomH78 wrote:

Same issue, not overly keen on using untested drivers, especially not with that reply. Is this an issue with the driver or the game? Any proper solution to it?

From what I've seen over the years, any AMD OpenGL driver should be considered "untested."

With the exact same viewer code, the problem:

1) Didn't occur before Catalyst 14.12

2) No longer occurs with Catalyst Beta 15.3

and

3) Never happened at all with Nvidia or Intel cards.

TomH78 wrote:

Same issue, not overly keen on using untested drivers, especially not with that reply. Is this an issue with the driver or the game? Any proper solution to it?

It is AMD graphics card driver problem. It's not SL issue.

There is no 'proper' solution. The only solution what is available is to try different AMD drivers. Some work, some don't. Sometimes the problem gets corrected in some driver, then the problem appears again in some newer driver.

AMD drivers are a bit like this:

Fixed, Broken, Fixed, Broken, etc.

PS.

The BETA drivers will not damage your computer in any way. If they don't work well, you can always install other drivers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.