IM A CLOUD HELP

himedere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah okay I've seen it posted a bunch of times and I've honestly looked at a bunch of different things to try to fix this problem. I even contacted support but they're useless without a premium account for this issue.

Made this account like a year ago and on day 1 with any viewer it was a cloud. I did the whole ... Rebake... Set draw distance etc etc etc... I've tried a lot from Google but nothing is working so I'm just trying to understand how to fix this. I would have thought in 11 months it would have fixed itself heh... <\3

So if anyone can help, that'd be great
I know this question is asked endlessly.
Genuinely, thank you for reading and hopefully helping!
Xoxox

Also, the game runs fine with other accounts. I don't think its my specs or computer?

himedere wrote:

Yeah okay I've seen it posted a bunch of times and I've honestly looked at a bunch of different things to try to fix this problem. I even contacted support but they're useless without a premium account for this issue.

Made this account like a year ago and on day 1 with any viewer it was a cloud. I did the whole ... Rebake... Set draw distance etc etc etc... I've tried a lot from Google but nothing is working so I'm just trying to understand how to fix this. I would have thought in 11 months it would have fixed itself heh... <\3

So if anyone can help, that'd be great

I know this question is asked endlessly.

Genuinely, thank you for reading and hopefully helping!

Xoxox

Also, the game runs fine with other accounts. I don't think its my specs or computer?

1) Go to your inventory and open the "Current Outfit" folder. See what's in it. That's what the viewer/server thinks you should be wearing. See if anything looks odd or if there's something like multiple skins, etc. listed.

2) Go to the "Develop" menu and select "Consoles" > "Debug Console." A whole bunch of lines of text will scroll down. For reading ease you probably want to do this in a quiet area. You should start seeing lines saying something like "Self is clouded due to..." Report back with what those lines say.

3) In Firestorm, go to "Graphics", select the "Rendering" tab and select the check box that says something like "Show avatars that aren't completely loaded." This will force the viewer to draw what it can rather than using the cloud. If this works see what your avatar looks like with this setting on.

• 3 months later...

My routine for this when it happens is to:

1) Make sure inv has fully loaded, because often it's just lag or your network connection. Move to a low lag sim like an empty sandbox if necessary.

2) Open Current Outfit and see that everything is in order, that there are not two skins or shapes loaded, and that none are in italics. If they are, unwear them.

3) Rebake textures.

4) Change something like system clothing or a skin, wait for it to rez and change back.

5) Relog.

6) Clear cache and relog. Loads of people will tell you not to do this, but it invariable works for me, and others. Open inventory, and try not to tp until it has full loaded and stopped incrementing.

7) Load the Test Avatar (SL) or Default Avatar (Firestorm). You'll have to take everything oiff and load up all your normal skin, shape, eyes, clothes, ao etc etc.

6 and 7 are interchangeable according to preference.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.