I see almost everything blue

Blake Takeda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello ladies and gents,

I have windows 10 x64, nVidia (2gb) and 4 GB RAM. Yesterday I had to update my graphic card. Before that,  Firestorm viewer set automatic to INTEL graphics instead of nVidia. (To run the game with my intel graphic) After that, I updated, set that all my games will run with nVidia. When I log on back in Firestorm I saw that everything is almost blue.

Here is an example : http://imgur.com/ARcJQjs

I reinstalled my Firestorm viewer and still same problem.

I tried and play Batman Telltale and Mafia 3 and everything is working fine. No problems with my graphic card. I will reinstall my graphic card just in case.

What is the problem?

Zekk28 wrote:

Hello ladies and gents,

I have windows 10 x64, nVidia (2gb) and 4 GB RAM. Yesterday I had to update my graphic card. Before that,  Firestorm viewer set automatic to INTEL graphics instead of nVidia. (To run the game with my intel graphic) After that, I updated, set that all my games will run with nVidia. When I log on back in Firestorm I saw that everything is almost blue.

Here is an example :

I reinstalled my Firestorm viewer and still same problem.

I tried and play Batman Telltale and Mafia 3 and everything is working fine. No problems with my graphic card. I will reinstall my graphic card just in case.

What is the problem?

It's an issue affecting 64-bit viewers with the latest Nvidia driver. It goes away when "Advanced Lighting" is turned on. Here's a JIRA with more information:

https://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-20774

I have only one pc on my home network running W/10 Home x64, AMD CPU, AMD GPU & after testing the latest (2017) Singularity/Firestorm viewers I had no issues; except far more system RAM usage; especially on the latest Firestorm viewer. Maybe there is a reason why I use Linux x64 for SL? I do not have the answer for your issue. You might try uninstalling your current Nvidia driver...re-boot your pc...let WIndows install a Nvidia driver via Windows update process & then re-boot your pc. Linux is a little harder to initially setup, but its faster than Windows for SL use & I have not really had any issues. I hope you get the answer you need. I can tell you that you need to consider upping your system RAM to a min. of 10-12GB IF your motherboard will hold it. Good luck! FYI IF I were to use W/10 Home x64  for SL I'd be using the latest Singularity (2017) viewer:

Build 6915

http://alpha.singularityviewer.org/alpha/

"I Love Simplicity"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey i really need help today i went on Second Life on the Firestorm and the Firestorm and Second Life is all blue color you know i tried everything i don't know what happened i just got this laptop just last Saturday you know its an Hp Pavilion Horizon Blue 15.6 laptop AmD Ryzen 5 4000 series AMD Radeon yeah I'm not a computer or tech wiz i really don't know what is going on been having weird problems every time i go into Second Life first one viewer and going into Second Life is all blue floor avatar my avatar is blue and I've tried uninstalling reinstalling i tried the Second Life viewer and I don't know its still blue everything is blue and weird 2nd one is whenever I'm in second life in the firestorm thingy it freezes up the audio has issues and my Laptop restarts it I don't know I really don't know why this is happening to my new laptop it is brand new and its Frustrating i really don't know what is happening to my new laptop and why i cant enjoy myself in Second Life I just really wish there was or is help I'm serious this never happened to me before I'm just at a loss here just feels like this laptop doesn't wanna work or something with Second Life you know its like i cant just enjoy second life without some sort of problem i don't do anything hardcore on second life really I'm just there to hangout talk chat explore shop for freebies party clubbing just relax you know so is there anyone out there who can please please help me out here who knows about this stuff and is a major hardcore tech wiz or even just knows how to fix these stuff please i need help if you can please contact me on kik- Chelsea918Sapphire if you have Kik or if you can please download it on your phone or whatever or if you have SnapChat- Chels1991Virgo please contact me for second life or in general Computer help please idk what to do anyways Thank You for your Time

Edited by ChelsAngelicStarVirgo

• Lindens
2 hours ago, ZuriHartley said:

Just an update, I updated my graphics card now I can enable ALM and not have the blue tint

Thank you for the update. Did you get a different card or just a newer graphics driver?

I am curious to see what video card and driver combination is working for you. Could post the top few lines from Help > About Second Life?  These lines:

Second Life Release 6.4.11.551711 (64bit)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz (3497.98 MHz)
Memory: 32680 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19042.630)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.21.14.5148
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 451.48

10 minutes ago, BriarSquirrel said:

Hello,

Does anyone how to fix this blue tint issue? It just suddenly started. I have reinstalled the program and my graphics driver multiple times and nothing, it shows that way in both the standard viewer and firestorm. GPU is Radeon RX 550. ALM is turned on. 

• 1 month later...

Hello, just to let you all know I followed the steps on the page listed below for the Firestorm viewer and did a "Full Clean Install", and it fixed my problem. I did nothing with my graphics card. I had the same problem as all of you. Everything was blue. Now, everything is fine. Click or copy and paste this link for the instructions. It does work. Good luck!

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_clean_install

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 6:20 AM, Hartleyrose2021 said:

Hello, just to let you all know I followed the steps on the page listed below for the Firestorm viewer and did a "Full Clean Install", and it fixed my problem. I did nothing with my graphics card. I had the same problem as all of you. Everything was blue. Now, everything is fine. Click or copy and paste this link for the instructions. It does work. Good luck!

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_clean_install

This worked for me as well. Thank you so much. You saved me weeks of not being able to play SL because I don’t have the money for a new video card and rolling back the drivers didn’t work. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.