I can NOT run Viewer 2 anymore.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

VWR 2.8.3, 2.8.2, 2.8.1 and 2.8.0 have recently failed to log in any of my avatars.  I have been able to log in with VWR 1.23, Snowglobe, Kirsten's, Phoenix, firestorm, Rainbow and OnRez.  My BRAND NEW computer will not log in with VWR 2.

I am fed up.

HotRodJohnny Gears wrote:

VWR 2.8.3, 2.8.2, 2.8.1 and 2.8.0 have recently failed to log in any of my avatars.  I have been able to log in with VWR 1.23, Snowglobe, Kirsten's, Phoenix, firestorm, Rainbow and OnRez.  My BRAND NEW computer will not log in with VWR 2.

You will just have to get used to superior viewer inferfaces.:matte-motes-evil-invert:

HotRodJohnny Gears wrote:

What do you mean get used to superior interfaces?  I can't get used to something that doesn't work!!

Most viewers have superior user interface as opposed to Viewer 2. It is really a positive problem you have, unless you can't run any viewer at all.

I suspect your problem is with this particular version (or perversion) of Viewer 2.  If you want to use Viewer 2, go back to a slightly earlier version that does work.  Then try Firestorm.  Basically, use what works!

If Linden Labs is smart, they'll keep Viewer 1 going (no updates, but there's Phoenix for that) so those of us who neither want nor need what Viewer 2 has to offer will have a Viewer to use.  Simple fact, Viewer 1 is easier for marginal situations to handle; like less than stellar connections, machines that aren't the newest, cards that aren't top line, people whom Viewer 2 only annoys...  Keeping Viewer 1 and the related products is a way to insure customer loyalty.

Personally, I'm afraid that if / when Linden Labs stops runing Viewer 1 on their servers, they will lose a lot of customers whose above mentioned marginal situations will cause them to lose access to Second Life.  That's like closing the door in the middle of a sale; you lose money, customers, and goodwill.  I think Linden labs can see this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.