Hiding HUD Attachments on a mac

Bliss Deschanel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently switched to a mac book, and have been generally delighted wth the functionality of Firestorm.  However, it has been brought to my attention that I may hide HUD attachments, rather than attaching/detaching constantly, which now seems theoretically like a remarkable capability.  When I tried to do it, the pull-down menu seemed inactive (yes, I am running RLV constantly).  The "Show HUD Attachment" selection showed an odd series of markings, which seem to suggest a keystroke sequence, but aren't traditional keys. These do seem to correlate with symbols for an alternate keyboard configuration, to indicate the sequence ""option(alt) + Shift + H", but this sequence has no effect.  The "Show HUD Attachements" selection is still checked, and won't uncheck.  When I run outside of RLV (and at my peril, of course), the function seems to work perfectly. I suppose it could be any of a number of restraining devices causing the malfunction, but I'm curious about anyone else observing this and (hopefully) fixing or circumventing it.  Thanks for your thoughts.  

Bliss Deschanel

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it works fine in windows unless you have an RLV attachment that is deliberately blocking the hiding of HUDs (RLV allows this because blindfolds are often implemented as a HUD, and being able to hide it at will is rather pointless).

My guess is that you probably have an RLV restriction in place. The easiest way to test is to full disable RLV relog and test. If you do not or cannot do this then you will need to look at the RLV restrictions panel

3111026bee9222f68e01308ae342fec9.png

In the following image I am wearing a HUD that I know locks my HUD disable ability. (Smart Striptease HUD), when the HUD is locked alt-shift-H will not work. When I unlock it alt-shift-H will work. 

You can see in this image that the HUD is locked and the detach restriction is in place.

74b75a8b1b7882bd50fe88aa666f89f8.png

In the following animation, you can see that I can lock and unlock and the restriction comes and goes. When it is unlocked I am able to hide the HUD itself

3b953a3dc2f01178a69fe7d96db6b85c.gif

I cannot comment on Mac but on windows it works exactly as expected. I use it a lot when shooting movie footage if it didn't work I would be very quickly aware, so my best guess is that you have a detach restriction in place.

Regards

Beq

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1779 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.