Help! Trying to import an English_EU spellchecker file, but wont show up in the Dictionary tab

LouiseDeBlois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all! I really need some help, I have spent ages attempting to import multiple files for the EU spell checker Dictionary filetype, with no luck. It is the correct file format, but whenever I finish it and click "import" it wont appear on the drop down menu to select your desired dictionary...

I am using "Black Dragon" as the viewer type, and have tried a massive range of files just to be sure, even ones I do not need, with the same issue.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

when i read the knowledge base ( free to search for everybody.... ) it's no issue.... it's just not possible

Supported file types

You can upload several different types of files for use in content creation.

Images

You can upload the following image file types:

When uploaded, images are converted into a valid size. Valid scales are square powers of two. To prevent unintended distortion, keep this in mind when creating images.

The maximum resolution for uploaded textures is 1024 pixels. If you upload an image that is a higher resolution than this, it will be scaled down to pass the upload requisites.  Valid image sizes include the following values: 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, and 1024

Sounds

Sounds must be in .WAV file in standard PCM format, 16-bit/44.1kHz/mono or stereo (converted to mono), and less than ten seconds in length.  Thus, 9.99 seconds is fine, but 10.0 will fail to upload.

Sounds cannot be saved as 8-bit, 22.05 kHz, or any other frequency. Sounds in other formats can be converted in most sound programs. An example of a free quality converter is r8brain. Compression formats  such as MP3 are not supported.

Animation

You can uypload animations in .bvh (Poser 2 or newer) and .anim formats. Recommended settings are ten frames per second. For more information on uploading animations, see How to create animations.

yes i have, used to work before but for some reason no viewer would seem to notice one being imported, the drop down menu for DICTORNARY type wont appear, its just empty.

I have used all the types of files the wiki offered, with no luck at all..

alwin ? You can import spellchecking files, most modern viewers, in chat, have "Spell checker" with the ability to import your own files as a form of support.

I don't know what English_EU is as different from English_GB but anyway. I downloaded English_CA from the link on the wiki page and I couldn't get it to import either in Firestorm or the LL viewer. Although it did copy the .dic file to the appropriate folder under my roaming profile.

Looks like the dictionary.xml file isn't getting updated but there may be more to it than that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.