HMD Mode on Oculus Viewer.

iscabox Flux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to access HMD mode but I get a notice saying my graphics card does not support the shaders required to use an Oculus Rift, I gone into graphics tab but it's all greyed out.. I only have the one card installed.. no onboard (disabled at Bios does not even show up on windows) and I'm running Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 HoF 4GB, my processor is i7-5th gen 8 core with 16GB RAM... 

any ideas?

iscabox Flux wrote:

I'm trying to access HMD mode but I get a notice saying my graphics card does not support the shaders required to use an Oculus Rift, I gone into graphics tab but it's all greyed out.. I only have the one card installed.. no onboard (disabled at Bios does not even show up on windows) and I'm running Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 HoF 4GB, my processor is i7-5th gen 8 core with 16GB RAM... 

any ideas?

The Oculus Rift project viewer is built on old code that still uses a GPU look-up table to determine the capabilities of a video card. The 900 series Nvidia cards are too new to be on the table used in the viewer, but it's possible to edit the GPU table manually to put more cards on it. Viewers built on newer code don't have this issue.

This JIRA entry has an updated GPU table attached to it as a text file:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8771

iscabox Flux wrote:

Ok how do I go about doing that? I'm a big youtuber and really want to get started with my SL series haha

• Download the gpu_table.txt file attached to https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8771
  • Log out of the viewer.
  • Go into the viewer install folder and delete the file named gpu_table.txt
  • Replace it with the gpu_table.txt you just downloaded.
  • Login on the viewer - hopefully your card will now be correctly detected and you can use HMD mode.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.