Glow effect is blown out... even on objects set to zero.

Zye Delcon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the past few days, when I log in with Second Life Viewer 2, the glow effects have been way blown out. Even stranger is that any object with a .png texture glows as well, even if the object is set to zero glow. 

When I log in to Phoenix viewer, it looks normal. I compared all the the Renderglow settings in my debug menu between the two viewers and the numbers match up. 

This started randomly the other day- not the result of altering any settings, as far as I know. I even tried running previous versions of SL viewer 2, and it still had the same effect. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I have seen this problem off and on for a while, maybe since January.  What happens for me is that anything with transparency, including textures with transparency, shows up as glowing instead.  Setting "RenderGlow" in the DebugSettings to false makes this go away.  This happens with all V2 viewers (V2, Kirsten, and now Firestorm) but not Phoenix.  I'm usin' a Mac, and it seems to happen after I've used the DVD player, and only rebooting my computer fixes it.  

I posted a JIRA on it in April, but got no response.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-25594

I reckon that it has something to do with the Graphics card, given how rebooting fixes it; but I don't know nothing about graphics cards.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.